Old August 8th 03, 02:57 PM
Lincoln J. King-Cliby

Default Oh, the irony...

Tonight I was installing a media system in a new conference room and
listening to a webcast of "WOLF-FM" (not sure if it was real radio or
web-only).

As far as I could tell, at least for the hours that I was listening to
it, that station is purely automated -- even the IDs were canned and
each track lead into the other. I pondered this.

Then I had a great feeling of irony -- as I was listening to the words
"the top brass don't like him talking so much and he won't play what
they say to play [...] there goes the last human voice [...] as we
celebrate mediocrity [...] there goes the last DJ" ... here was Tom
Petty's _The Last DJ_ on a station that (again, as far as I could
tell) has no DJ. (IMHO, though, the music was farily good and there
were very few interruptions for ads compared to what I'm used to)

Was this just a random pick? Did someone throw this into the setlist
for the subtle humor? Does WOLF exist in the real world and do they
have DJs?

Thanks,

Lincoln

Old August 9th 03, 05:39 PM
Roseb441702

I understand what you mean and not just from a DJ point of view. I used to be
a radio DJ on both am and fm stations. I live near a major city and there is a
good % that is canned. The closest radio station to my location is 95% canned.
I lost my last radio DJ job because the station decided to broadcast from a
feed in California - still there are a few good live (for the most part)
stations around.

Rose
"Give A ShoutOut To The World!"
Put Your Voice Message Online at: