Old August 24th 03, 07:29 PM
cold eskimo

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003, Rich Wood wrote:

Publication of affiliate lists only gives the competition a target list
to work. I'm sure it's not KFI or KABC. That leaves the third tier KRLA
(brokered) and KLAC.

It also gives people who know their salt about radio the chance to laugh
when a big nationally syndicated show plugs covering Chicago, when the
station airing the show is actually a 250 watt daytimer west of Rockford
:-)

(this is an example; it never happened to the best of my knowledge)

- CE

Old August 25th 03, 03:08 AM
Mike Ward

On 24 Aug 2003 18:29:31 GMT, cold eskimo wrote:

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003, Rich Wood wrote:

Publication of affiliate lists only gives the competition a target list
to work. I'm sure it's not KFI or KABC. That leaves the third tier KRLA
(brokered) and KLAC.

It also gives people who know their salt about radio the chance to laugh
when a big nationally syndicated show plugs covering Chicago, when the
station airing the show is actually a 250 watt daytimer west of Rockford
:-)

(this is an example; it never happened to the best of my knowledge)

Oh, it's happened, alright! Even among the biggies. A high-profile
certain recently launched nationally syndicated program...put out by
one of the major radio networks....has a few of these on its list.

For one, it lists Conneaut, OH's WWOW-AM 1360 as "Cleveland/Conneaut"
(until WERE/1300 Cleveland picked up this program, it was the only
"Cleveland" affiliate listed). WWOW is a 500 watt station that has
trouble reaching nearby Ashtabula, OH, let alone most of Cleveland.

At least they didn't try to hide it and just call WWOW a "Cleveland"
(without mention of its city of license) affiliate!

Mike

Old August 26th 03, 07:04 AM
cold eskimo

On Sun, 25 Aug 2003, Mike Ward wrote:

Oh, it's happened, alright! Even among the biggies. A high-profile

I was thinking it had, but without an example bubbling to the top of my
mind, Mike, I didn't want to say it with absolute certainty. Ya know how
vicious you all are if someone's wrong :-)

WWOW-Conneaut - The boys at Syndicate HQ probably thought Conneaut sounded
"cute" or "hip" :-D

- CE
(currently cuckling at Letterman's blackout jokes)