Old October 27th 03, 12:07 AM
Sven Franklyn Weil

Default KSXX 670 Las Vegas

In article , jerry wrote:
Does anybody know when this station is going to turn on its transmitter?

What format does KSXX plan on executing?

--
Sven Weil
New York City, U.S.A.

Old October 27th 03, 05:20 AM
Peter H.

Curious to see what kind of a warped nighttime pattern it will have. Consider
everything it will have to protect: co-channels in Boise, Chicago, Simi Valley,
and possibly Commerce City. First-adjacents in Window Rock and San Francisco.

1) Only Class A first-adjacents get any protection, and that is KNBR/680 ...
KTNN/660 get NO protection from a first-adjacent as it is a station of the same
class,

2) Obviously, ex-WMAQ will get co-channel protection, as it is an ex-Class I-A,
but so also will the ex-Class I-N in Alaska, which KBOI has always protected,

3) Simi (KIRN) is close enough to require protection as that station is the
same class,

4) however ... the protection required to be given to the ex-Class I-N in
Alaska will implicitly protect KIRN and KBOI, the latter which has already
redesigned its night pattern (paid for by KIRN's owner, Lotus, BTW) so there is
no protectable radiation towards the NE, E, SE, S and SW.

Therefore, this new station is only required to protect the two Class As ...
the ex-Class I-A in Chicago, and the ex-Class I-N in Alaska.

And, any other protection to stations of equal class will implicitly be
provided by the protection afforded to the Class As.

(There are no stations of lesser class).

Bottom line ... the night pattern will be a simple, symmetrical pattern,
provided by four in-line towers.

(The required day pattern is somewhat more complicated as the day power is
nearly fifteen times higher than the night power).

-30-

Old October 27th 03, 10:51 PM
CA was in NJ

Sven Franklyn Weil wrote:

What format does KSXX plan on executing?

RL says "Spanish" which narrows it down a little.

insert the "Spanish is not a format" argument here

Old October 28th 03, 03:51 PM
Sven Franklyn Weil

In article , Rich Wood wrote:
That doesn't sound very promising. I think I would have used
"implement." it has a better connotation than executing.

I was thinking that too. In fact I had tried "implement" and then deleted
in favor of "execute."

I've always thought "implement" is to put in place. "execute" is to carry
out.

--
Sven Weil
New York City, U.S.A.

Old October 28th 03, 09:22 PM
Sven Franklyn Weil

In article , David Eduardo wrote:
What is "RL?"

I'm assuming Radio Locator http://www.radio-locator.com

--
Sven Weil
New York City, U.S.A.

Old October 29th 03, 06:46 PM
CA was in NJ

Sven Franklyn Weil wrote:

I'm assuming Radio Locator http://www.radio-locator.com

You are correct. Thank you.

Old October 29th 03, 06:46 PM
Blue Cat

"RL" means religious.

Old November 1st 03, 07:05 AM
CA was in NJ

Blue Cat wrote:

"RL" means religious.

In this context, that is wrong and doesn't make sense.

Old November 2nd 03, 07:06 AM
Peter H.

"RL" means religious.

In this context, that is wrong and doesn't make sense.

RL is M-Street's code for religious format.