Old November 5th 03, 06:05 AM
t.hoehler

"Paul" wrote in message
This new device enables XM radio to be used in the car without buying
a whole new radio and replacing the stock radio in the car.

My question... This plays by plugging into the radios caseete player
and plays through this....now, will this give me FM or FM + quality
sound through this method?

I've not had very good results with my portable cd player running thru the
cassette player via a dummy cassette. Sometimes it sounds ok, and sometimes
it is muffled, I guess because of misalignment of the two heads. Not a good
system, IMHO. However, if you have an input jack on your car radio, that
works great.
regards,
Tom

Old November 5th 03, 02:46 PM
R J Carpenter

"Mitchell Kaufman" wrote in message

I am using the Delphi XM Sky-Fi, which works the same way. The sound
is definitely Superior to that of FM in my car. Your alternative,
other than replacing your radio, is to buy a wireless FM modulator,
which is available from CCrane.

There _IS_ another alternative, the "XM Commander", which has the modulator
built-in. See the www.xmradio.com site. It's somewhat like the old Pioneer
XM unit, but brought up to date.

One __warning__ about using a modulator. Unlike FM stations, XM doesn't
heavily process their audio. You have to run the modulator audio at a
considerably lower modulation level than you hear on over-the-air stations.
Otherwise you will overdeviate / overmodulate on peaks.

Old November 5th 03, 10:43 PM
Rich Wood

On 5 Nov 2003 14:46:51 GMT, "M. E. Bye" wrote:

I have a Roady. I was real skeptical about the sound quality I'd get
by something plugged into the cassette player as its interface.
However, I am VERY satisfied with it!

I used to use the cassette adapter with the Kenwood Here2Anywhere
tuner. I heard distortion. I now have a Pioneer "XM Ready" radio/CD
player with the XM tuner under the rear seat and the Sirius tuner
plugged (with an adapter) into the AUX input. No distortion. Great
sound, especially on the Sirius Jazz channels.

I'd be eternally grateful if XM would get rid of those screaming jocks
on the oldies channels. It makes me feel like I'm listening to
terrestrial radio and paying for it.

I also have the Kenwood modulator. Input levels are touchy, so I'm
thinking of using it for my cell phone "hands free" function.

Rich

Old November 7th 03, 11:37 PM
R J Carpenter

"Rich Wood" wrote in message

I'd be eternally grateful if XM would get rid of those screaming jocks
on the oldies channels. It makes me feel like I'm listening to
terrestrial radio and paying for it.

Write to your friend Abrams - or maybe you have.