Old November 16th 03, 11:04 PM
KA Turner

Default Potentially Offensive Humor in Columbus GA Aircheck

Hello
I have an aircheck I'd love to share but I am afraid nobody will touch it.
Granted I'm not a political correctness freak but I don't want to submit
something that will be rejected.

It is from WNKS-FM 102.9 in 1987 or so. It has Bear O'Brian, Marcia Shipley
(black news personality), "Dr Dave" and a character known as "Willie Lee
McGee". Willie Lee is a black man, done likely by a white staffer. He lives
in a dumpster and has severe alcoholism. The tape details his life story.

This reprise of Amos N' Andy may be shot down despite it being
representative of Eighties radio content and containing music.

Should I waste my time?
Thanks
Ken
live365.com/stations/304701
WKAT 950

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

Old November 17th 03, 06:43 PM
Rich Wood

On 16 Nov 2003 22:04:52 GMT, "KA Turner"
wrote:

I have an aircheck I'd love to share but I am afraid nobody will touch it.
Granted I'm not a political correctness freak but I don't want to submit
something that will be rejected.

It is from WNKS-FM 102.9 in 1987 or so. It has Bear O'Brian, Marcia Shipley
(black news personality), "Dr Dave" and a character known as "Willie Lee
McGee". Willie Lee is a black man, done likely by a white staffer. He lives
in a dumpster and has severe alcoholism. The tape details his life story.

This reprise of Amos N' Andy may be shot down despite it being
representative of Eighties radio content and containing music.

Should I waste my time?

No. It isn't a reprise of Amos and Andy. Even though the show was done
by white personalities, the characters were portrayed as good natured
ordinary people. The characters, as I envisioned them, were the black
versions of Ralph Kramden and Ed Norton. Always looking for a quick
buck in get rich quick schemes.

There isn't much that's funny about a white personality playing a
seriouusly dysfunctional black character. If you know anything about
either homelessness or alcoholism you'll have a very hard time pulling
much humor out of them. Both conditions are horrible.

Rich