Old November 16th 03, 11:04 PM
KA Turner

Default Will Satellite be boring like corporate radio?

Hello
I am getting the feeling that Sirius et al will have dull announcers like
the satellite radio station. Is this true?

Also I hear complaints the Drake style announcers lacked personality.
Granted they weren't like WABC but they weren't just readers of liners. They
were quite enjoyable compared to the crud we have now.

One more note; if I go on a weekend shift at a low watt radio station, posts
on here say they want writers of comic material. Do you think this is a
good idea for beginners? If you convey a sense of having fun and crack a few
jokes isn't that good enough?

I did demo tapes fifteen years back and attempted to be funny. They stunk.
Of course my voice was no help (it helps little being Southern and having R
and T pose difficulty to the tongue).
Thanks
Ken
http://www.live365.com/stations/304701