Old November 17th 03, 05:43 PM
Cosmo

Default Cosmic Connection UFO Television

Greetings From Cosmic Connection,

I am the host of Cosmic Connection. A Ufo Television Series. Since
1993 we have covered the ufo phenomenon with interviews from Betty
Hill to Stanton T. Friedman and on subject topics ranging from
Roswell, Area 51, Alien Abductions, & Crop Circle formations. On
Cosmic Connection we discuss the latest in World sightings and local
coverage. We share the film of our audience that send us their video
recorded events and tales of their past experiences. I am inviting
you to join our program every Monday night at 10 PM CH # 16 SNCAT
Reno, Nevada. So you may catch up on some of our past series programs.
If you would like updated information on Cosmic Connection please
write to Cosmo at If you know of a friend that
may enjoy our programming please pass this letter on.

Thank You

Missing Fisherman of October, 1989
After dwelling on this case for 13 years, I still find it very
puzzling. Fishermen are a unique bunch with the ocean being front and
foremost in their lives. They have their superstitions about the
ocean, combined with a great deal of knowledge and respect.
Oscar Schultz, 70 years old with 30 years of experience as a
commercial fisherman, left his home in Port of Charleston on Oct. 9,
1989 at 6am for a 1 day fishing trip alone. Fred Buck, 57 years old
with 10 years of experience as a commercial fisherman, left his home
in Port at Yaquina Bay on Oct. 10, 1989 for a 1 to 2 day fishing trip.
Both men were known to go out alone, and with the slow fishing season
that year, lone fishing was a common occurrence for most, as they
couldn't afford to pay help with the small catches.
The weather was mild all that week, and the ocean was calm. Accidents
do happen on fishing boats. Being washed overboard by sneaker waves,
or from slipping on a wet deck, are risks all to familiar for those in
the business.
We know that Oscar Schultz had a heart attack in 1983, but hadn't had
any problem since. Oscars 28ft troller, the Gloria L, was found 40
miles off the mouth of the Umpqua River with the engine running on Oct
12th. Oscar was nowhere to be found.
Fred Buck's 38ft troller, the Acie-O, was found 50 miles off
Winchester Bay. The engine running, in gear, going in circles, and
like Oscar, Fred was nowhere to be found.
The boats were 20 miles apart in a straight line.
The Coast Guards scenario was that Oscar may have had a heart attack
and fell overboard, and Fred happened to come onto his body floating
in the ocean and tried to retrieve his body, and he in turn fell
overboard and could not get back on his boat.
This puzzles me in that an experienced fisherman would never leave his
boat in gear and try to retrieve anything from the ocean. I think this
is very unlikely. Would he not have reported to the Coast Guard or
other authorities that he had found a body floating in the ocean?
Fred's cooking stove was also left on as if he was ready to make
himself some dinner and something had interrupted his meal.
Both men were missing from their boats, with the boat engines running
and one boat in gear.
Newport Marine Surveyor Tom Curry was quoted in the Oregonian. "I
don't think a wave could have swept either man overboard, because the
ocean had been relatively calm all week". Brent Hamstreet in a
Northwest magazine article said."People saw flashing lights over the
ocean all week", and Bruce Pimental of the Coast Guard Station in
Seattle said in a Statement to the Oregonian "I don't know if
Intelligence people are looking into it or people interested in
celestial visitor's are thinking about it. I'm sure somebody is asking
the question. Why and how come?""
Now this is a very interesting quote from a spokesman of the Coast
Guard to have made on record. Why would he have made such a quote if
he was convinced of the Coast Guards earlier scenario?
Investigation from the Coast Guard and local Officials found no foul
play with their investigations. 2500 square miles of ocean had been
searched looking for the boats and fisherman. Neither body was found,
they just vanished.
12 days before Oscar's departure from his port there had been a major
sighting in Tillamook. Approximately 50 people, some of whom were law
enforcement and the local newspaper owner. The sighting had been
observed along the Oregon and Washington coast. On Nov. 29th 2 hunters
reported an additional sighting of a large white object in the
Tillamook area. So we had UFO activity from Sept. 28th through Nov.
29th, putting the fisherman right in the middle of this activity.
This mystery has intrigued me for 13 years. I am not aware of anyone
else looking into this mystery. Oscar is not related to me so that is
not a factor in my interest. But there are just too many circumstances
relating to this case that don't make sense to me. The statement by
Bruce Pimental of the Coast Guard comes to mind every time I think
about this case.
Did Oscar and Fred fall overboard? Or did celestial visitors have a
hand in their disappearances? Perhaps we will never know.
Skip D. Schultz
Director Oregon UFO Research

COSMIC CONNECTION UFO MEDIA
RENO UFO TELEVISION SERIES
SNCAT CH #16 UFO Television
Mondays @ 10 pm

WEB INFORMATION SITE
http://tvufo.tripod.com

WEB VIDEO STREAMING
View past programs 24 / 7
FREE Cosmic Connection Tv Show WEB CASTS
www.extranettv.com

WEB AUDIO RADIO
KPAH RADIO PAHRUMP, NEVADA
Sundays @ 4 pm pst KPAH Pahrump RADIO