Old December 4th 03, 09:21 PM
Scott Dorsey

Default WKOC Chesapeake, VA

I tuned in yesterday afternoon to WKOC, our local alternative rock station,
to discover that they are playing a single song over and over, with an
announcement that our old favorite country station is moving to this frequency.

What was most amusing was that the song they were playing, "Gone Country"
is basically about various musicians who sold out and become country performers
for the money. Not exactly the sort of statement I would want to make if I
were changing format.

The legal ID on the hour included a bit more explanation, about how WCMS,
a local country station, has recently changed format and that therefore there
was a big hole in the dial for people looking for country music, so that they
were building up a brand new country station "from the bottom up." Which sort
of contradicts the notion of bringing back our old favorite one, but whatever.

I'm just amused by the whole thing.
--scott