Old December 6th 03, 05:30 PM
Starwater Music

Default Looking for tips & suggestions for marketing to radio stations

I've produced a comic novelty CD related to a topical issue - telemarketers
and the National Do Not Call Registry. The concept is a series of off the
wall recordings to play at the telemarketers instead of just saying no. The
title of the CD is "Fun With Telemarketers".

It occurred to me to contact radio stations, especially those with
"irreverent" hosts who might find something quirky like this of interest,
obviously in hopes of getting a mention on their shows. Coming up on
Christmas, this would make a great stocking stuffer.

Finding stations is simple enough but is there a typical protocol to
approaching them with something like this? Would an e-mail or letter and
perhaps a promo CD along with my website address be adequate or would a
phone call be likely to be significantly more effective? There's a lot of
radio stations, and the logistics and expense of calling a significant
number of them by phone seems prohibitive.

If anyone's curious here's the website

http://starwatermusic.com

Any thoughts and suggestions will be appreciated!

Old December 6th 03, 11:37 PM
stanmajor

From: "Starwater Music" net
Date: Sat, Dec 6, 2003 12:30 PM
[...]

----------------------------
Better get an email contact on your site.
I wanted to play your stuff on my new national pgm but couldn't contact you.

"I'm an ordinary person
....with an extraordinary job."
BS from Julia Roberts 2001

Old December 8th 03, 05:42 AM
Starwater Music

"stanmajor" wrote in message

If anyone's curious here's the website

http://starwatermusic.com

Any thoughts and suggestions will be appreciated!

Better get an email contact on your site.
I wanted to play your stuff on my new national pgm but couldn't contact

you.

If you're serious, there is an email link on the 3rd page - hit the BUY
icon. However, thanks for pointing out an oversight, I should have an e-mail
link on ALL pages. You can also contact me by removing the NO SPAM EVER from
the email address here.

Or to restate a different way, write to me at: starwaterATmpinetDAHTnet