RadioBanter

-   Broadcasting (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/)
-   -   "The Dolans"...gone from radio? (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/28307-%22-dolans%22-gone-radio.html)

RP December 10th 03 03:29 PM

"The Dolans"...gone from radio?

What happenned to the Dolans?

I know they are doing some TV work, etc...but they gave up their radio show?

The always considered themselves 'radio people'. I'm suprised they didn't
keep their program on in one way, shape or form.

Meself

Sven Franklyn Weil December 10th 03 05:12 PM

In article , RP wrote:
What happenned to the Dolans?

They are gone from flagship WOR Radio 710's lineup -- PD Maurice Tunick
replaced them with Michael Sew- err - Savage.

The Dolans are still on the WOR Radio Network according to their website.

See http://www.worradionet.com for more details.

--
Sven Weil
New York City, U.S.A.

Rich Wood December 11th 03 03:09 PM

On 10 Dec 2003 15:29:14 GMT, "RP" wrote:

What happenned to the Dolans?

I know they are doing some TV work, etc...but they gave up their radio show?

The always considered themselves 'radio people'. I'm suprised they didn't
keep their program on in one way, shape or form.

The show is still alive. While it's not on WOR radio, it's still, for
the time being, on the WOR Radio Network.

Rich
Former Director - WOR Radio Network

Sven Franklyn Weil January 2nd 04 05:42 PM

In article , Nick Name wrote:

?????????????

Go to http://www.worradionet.com and look at the schedule. You'll find
the answer to your confusion. :-)

--
Sven Weil
New York City, U.S.A.

Steve Sundberg January 2nd 04 05:42 PM

On 1 Jan 2004 17:30:41 GMT, "Nick Name" wrote:

"Rich Wood" wrote in message

The show is still alive. While it's not on WOR radio, it's still, for
the time being, on the WOR Radio Network.

?????????????

Why the confusion? The flagship station of the WOR Radio Network
doesn't carry one of the programs it distributes to its other
affiliates. There's nothing unusual, or sinister, about that.

Rich Wood January 3rd 04 05:21 PM

On 2 Jan 2004 17:42:22 GMT, (Steve Sundberg) wrote:

The show is still alive. While it's not on WOR radio, it's still, for
the time being, on the WOR Radio Network.

Why the confusion? The flagship station of the WOR Radio Network
doesn't carry one of the programs it distributes to its other
affiliates. There's nothing unusual, or sinister, about that.

I'm not confused. I talk with The Dolans regularly. They're no longer
with WOR. They're concentrating on CNN.

If the flagship doesn't carry its own network shows it's very
difficult to affiliate those shows. Many PDs feel if it's not good
enough to be on your flagship, why should I take it?

When I was running the WOR Radio Network every show but one weekend
food show was also on WOR, New York.

Rich