Old January 7th 04, 04:04 PM
Tony Calguire

Default Bill's Charter frpm 1992

I found the following post in Google's Usenet archive. It wasn't very
hard to find. It was posted on may 1, 1992 to the group news.groups,
and it announces the successful vote for the creation of r.r.b.

Newsgroups:
news.announce.newgroups,news.groups,rec.radio.nonc omm,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.misc
From: (Bill Pfeiffer)
Subject: RESULT: rec.radio.broadcasting passes 234: 34
Sender:
(David C Lawrence)
Date: Fri, 1 May 1992 19:49:03 GMT

Voting on the proposed creation of rec.radio.broadcasting has
ended as of 4/30/92. The proposal received 234 yes votes
to 34 no votes, thus satisfying the Usenet criteria of both a 2/3
majority and 100 more yes votes than no votes, required for the
creation of this forum.

There were a few duplicate yes votes, which have been removed, no
switched votes, and a couple of no votes which did not strictly comply
with the voting guidelines, but were included anyway since intent
seemed clear.

CHARTER: Rec.radio broadcasting is intended as a worldwide forum
dedicated to discussion of subjects pertaining to 'domestic' radio
broadcasting. By the term 'domestic', we mean radio which is intended
basically for reception within the country from which it originates.
In other words any and all broadcasting which is not primarily intended
for
reception in other countries/continents.

Valid subjects might include (but not be limited to) ...

* Technical and engineering matters
* Programming and formats (such as.. but not limited to..)
* Music and entertainment
* News & talk shows
* Political coverage
* Specialized formats
* Legislation and regulations affecting the medium
* Technologies affecting the medium
* Ideas for improving radio broadcasting
* Differences and similatrities between nation's broadcast services
* Low-power radio broadcasting
* Community broadcast radio
* Pirate broadcasting
* Broadcast DX
* Radio's historical & cultural significance
* Information exchanges for those seeking employment in radio.
* Shop talk, gabfesting and general communications between broadcast
professionals, hopefuls and listeners across the globe!

About the only traffic which is NOT welcome on this group is..

# Flames and endless arguments over personal tastes in
music/programming.
# Unwarranted and excessive profanity and/or personal attacks.
# Articles not pertaining to radio broadcasting. (*)
# Articles about two-way, cellular, or other non-broadcast radio
services,
unless they directly relate TO broadcasting. (*)

(*) - except matters of urgency to computer users, the public at-large,
or other matters of great impact or importance.

While this WILL be a moderated forum, I will restate that I believe in
minimal moderation and _NO_ censorhip! This means I will not kill any
incoming articles because they clash with some personal opinion or
belief. In other words, the ONLY reasons that an article might be
killed
is if it falls into one of the above categories, or if it is one of
many identical responses to a posters question. In the latter
case, I would post a few of the identical responses and e-mail the
remainder
to the poster requesting the information, giving a credit line to those
who
posted, but were not printed. This is done to conserve net bandwidth.

So, without further adieu, here are the votes which came in over the
past
month starting with the YES votes:
[LIST OF VOTERS SNIPPED]

After the 5 day waiting period, baring and 'serious' objection,
rec.radio.broadcasting should be newgrouped and appear at your site.

If your site does not carry rec.* groups, contact me for information
on direct posting, and possible e-mail distribution.

My e-mail address is
(William Pfeiffer)

Thanks to all who participated.

William