Old January 15th 04, 06:48 PM
Meyer Gottesman

Default For sale: Partial ownership of NY AM radio station.

For sale:

Partial ownership in AM radio station. Upstate NY near
Albany. 1 KW, daytimer, some night power. On the air
since 1981. College town.

Joint venture. Active or inactive investors with at
least $10,000 each are welcome. All investors would be
on the board with full voting rights if desired. No
individual may own over 49 percent. This rule applies
to me too!

Ossneat, NY

b-Brazilian Bandit Airways. (Purchased one-way ticket
to Rio using all small unmarked bills).

Please! No "AM bashers" or other negative nabobs.

Tel: (478)741-1710 in Macon, GA

73,

Meyer Gottesman, W6GIV
aka "The Radio Crazy"

Old January 16th 04, 04:24 PM
Bob Haberkost

Yeah, like anyone cared....what's worth even less than a fleapower AM radio station?
One entangled through "partial ownership"...sheesh! I'd get more enjoyment taking my
money and watching it circle around the bowl before disappearing forever down the
sewer.
--
For direct replies, take out the contents between the hyphens. -Really!-

Old January 16th 04, 10:39 PM
Philip de Cadenet

Bob,

Yeah, like anyone cared....what's worth even less than a fleapower AM
radio station?
One entangled through "partial ownership"...sheesh! I'd get more
enjoyment taking my
money and watching it circle around the bowl before disappearing
forever down the
sewer.

Why should a multiple or group owner station suffer over a one man, or
woman owner station?

Sometimes three heads and wallets are better than one.
--
Philip de Cadenet G4ZOW
Transmitters 'R' Us

Old January 17th 04, 04:01 AM
Bob Haberkost

"Philip de Cadenet" wrote in message
Bob,

Yeah, like anyone cared....what's worth even less than a fleapower AM
radio station?
One entangled through "partial ownership"...sheesh! I'd get more
enjoyment taking my
money and watching it circle around the bowl before disappearing
forever down the
sewer.

Why should a multiple or group owner station suffer over a one man, or
woman owner station?

Sometimes three heads and wallets are better than one.

Sure....that way there'll be more money to try and fill up the money pit that these
properties represent. Besides, I get the impression that Meyer doesn't have any
money of his own, and would prefer to skim off the top using other people's money.
--
For direct replies, take out the contents between the hyphens. -Really!-

Old January 17th 04, 06:58 PM
Philip de Cadenet

Bob,

Sure....that way there'll be more money to try and fill up the money
pit that these
properties represent. Besides, I get the impression that Meyer doesn't
have any
money of his own, and would prefer to skim off the top using other
people's money.

Look, people like you and I would not know these stations were for sale
if it were not for Meyer.

Not everyone posts on: http://www.buysellradio.com/

or for that matter likes to deal with brokers.

He's doing a service.

Like ePay, nobody's making you buy the station.
--
Philip de Cadenet

Old January 17th 04, 06:58 PM
David Eduardo

"Bob Haberkost" wrote in message

Sure....that way there'll be more money to try and fill up the money pit

that these
properties represent. Besides, I get the impression that Meyer doesn't

have any
money of his own, and would prefer to skim off the top using other

people's money.

That could be taken as a mean-spirited response. Meyer seems to be trying to
put together a limited partnership of sorts to buy a station of the kind
most people do not want and to actually run it. If he makes money by putting
a deal together, what is wrong with that?

Most Americans don't have "any money on their own." 75% of retirees will
live off Social Security alone. Why not try to improve one's situation?