Old January 31st 04, 08:28 PM
Abirdinsnowsings

Default B95 Flint MI fires long time Morning Man Magoo for having Cancer

Unfortunately I wish this wasn't so, but for those who watched ABC 10 we saw it
for ourselves.

Tony "Magoo, morning man at B95, a country station in Flint, has an aggresive
form of throat cancer, it spread to his face, his mouth, his nodes, he lost
almost all of his teeth, his immune system is now slim to nothing and he almost
died of pneumonia.

During the time while Magoo was having his throat and mouth surgically scraped
of cancer, going through radiation and chemo, having his nodes removed, and
fighting off opportunistic infections, B95 decided to remove all traces of HIM
from their office and website.

He called to ask what was going on, and they have him 3 choices, He could
return to work with IV in arm, Broadcast from his sickbed (which management
told him would make for compelling radio) or be fired.

Magoo, weak and sick, showed up at the B95 studios as he was told to do, they
sat him at a desk where they had him do NOTHING. The program director, Coyote,
had taken his morning slot. They then fired Magoo, refusing, because of some
tiny loophole, to pay him severance, and saying he doesn't deserve disability.

He now has no job, no ability to get good health care because he has no money,
and B95/Citadel in Flint MI has YET to explain why they fired him.

Is this how people treat one another? I would call, write, or even visit B95
and ask why they did this to Magoo? Why did they fire a man for being sick?

I guess they hate cancer patients.