Old February 3rd 04, 03:39 PM
Richard

Default Radio Shack's FM turstile antenna [150-1639 or 15-1639]

Hi. Does Radioshack still manufacture Part No. 150-1639 or 15-1639, which
is an FM turnstile antenna? Looks unlikely to me.

http://support.radioshack.com/support_video/15785.htm

[Crossposted, but all replies/followups will go to alt.radio.broadcasting]

Old February 5th 04, 12:30 AM
Eric K. Weber

Greetings:

Radio Shack's antennas were manufactured by Winegard.....

see :
http://www.winegard.com/offair/prost...myagi.htm#6000

Is this what you had in mind?

Rgds:
Eric

Old February 5th 04, 04:28 PM
Richard

Eric K. Weber wrote:
Greetings:

Radio Shack's antennas were manufactured by Winegard.....

see :
http://www.winegard.com/offair/prost...myagi.htm#6000

Is this what you had in mind?

Rgds:
Eric

Was Radioshacks offering a folded dipole arrangement?

Old February 9th 04, 07:00 AM
gwhite

"Eric K. Weber" wrote:

Greetings:

Radio Shack's antennas were manufactured by Winegard.....

see :
http://www.winegard.com/offair/prost...myagi.htm#6000

Is this what you had in mind?

Since a yagi and turnstile are by definition not the same, no.

http://www.winegard.com/offair/pdf/pr-6010.pdf

Old February 10th 04, 03:33 AM
Cambio

My recollection of a turnstile antenna is two folded dipoles at 90 degrees
to each other.
See URL:
http://www.qsl.net/wb8erj/turnstile_antenna.htm

A search of radio shack catalog does not show one nor is it in the manual
lookup section
However there is a Lindsay turnstile at URL:
http://www.lindsayelec.com/fm88-108.html

Easily found by using Google -- the searchers friend

--
73- Cambio - Keyboard To You (:-)

Old February 10th 04, 03:49 PM
gwhite

Cambio wrote:

My recollection of a turnstile antenna is two folded dipoles at 90 degrees
to each other.

Yes. Although not exactly clear, that is what the Winguard is, although I would
have expected a little better radiation pattern. Note the data sheet gives "2
active elements" and the drawing sort of shows the othagonality. The 90 deg of
twin lead is visible too.

See URL:
http://www.qsl.net/wb8erj/turnstile_antenna.htm

A search of radio shack catalog does not show one nor is it in the manual
lookup section

There is a part number (150-1639):

http://support.radioshack.com/support_video/32581.htm
(linked from http://support.radioshack.com/support_video/15785.htm)

However there is a Lindsay turnstile at URL:
http://www.lindsayelec.com/fm88-108.html

Probably very nice quality, but look at the price! Most consumers won't dream
of spending that much.

Antennacraft makes one too.

http://www.antennacraft-tdp.com/pdfs/FMSS.pdf

http://www.starkelectronic.com/fm.htm

I'd say $19.20 is a little more like it for the consumer. I'd spray a few coats
of Krylon Crystal Clear on it before I put it up.

Old February 10th 04, 03:49 PM
Vince and Amy

If you're looking for one I have one taking up space in my garage...let me
know!

73, Vince K4JC

Old February 11th 04, 07:09 AM
Richard

gwhite wrote:

However there is a Lindsay turnstile at URL:
http://www.lindsayelec.com/fm88-108.html

Probably very nice quality, but look at the price! Most consumers won't
dream of spending that much.

Antennacraft makes one too.

http://www.antennacraft-tdp.com/pdfs/FMSS.pdf

http://www.starkelectronic.com/fm.htm

I'd say $19.20 is a little more like it for the consumer. I'd spray a
few coats of Krylon Crystal Clear on it before I put it up.

I'm in UK. You cannot buy the turnstile direct from FUNKE. Cost of "R.1100-
FM OMNI" to me is appx. $33.00. Google: R.1100- FM OMNI to see the item.

Old February 23rd 04, 06:53 AM
Chris Boone

A turnstile is two dipoles (not folded) at 90 degrees...
The Wineguard/RS version is just a folded dipole to make it 300
ohms..but they can be standard dipoles...

Chris
WB5ITT

Cambio wrote:

My recollection of a turnstile antenna is two folded dipoles at 90 degrees
to each other.
See URL:
http://www.qsl.net/wb8erj/turnstile_antenna.htm

A search of radio shack catalog does not show one nor is it in the manual
lookup section
However there is a Lindsay turnstile at URL:
http://www.lindsayelec.com/fm88-108.html

Easily found by using Google -- the searchers friend

--
73- Cambio - Keyboard To You (:-)

--
Replace NOSPAM with 1st initial and last name for direct reply!