Old February 18th 04, 08:43 PM
Tedalvy

Default Rockline Zappa

from http://www.rocklineradio.com/

Wednesday - February 18, 2004

The Genius of Frank Zappa

As ROCKLINE approaches its 23rd anniversary, we at the show become more and
more aware of the incredible library of programs we have. With approximately
one thousand, four hundred shows we have had a front row seat to Rock and Roll
history. ROCKLINE provides a unique vantage point for watching American culture
unfold before our very eyes and ears and to hear directly from the innovators
about their perspective on Rock, their own contributions and the world in
general. Throughout it all we have provided you the chance to speak with some
of the most remarkable humans on the planet.

Without a doubt, one of the most amazing persons to enrich our world was Frank
Zappa. With over 60 albums (60, that's not a typo) Frank continually pushed the
boundaries, challenged us and helped change the way we perceive ourselves and
those around us. Beyond The Beatles and a very short list of others, no one
else can lay claim to such impact. To celebrate the release of the DVD "Baby
Snakes" we are proud to present a reprise of the third ROCKLINE ever broadcast
with the original host of the show B. Mitchell Reed and Frank Zappa. Taken from
May 18, 1981, we will add new perspective to the Zappa story with fresh, brand
new interviews from his son Dweezil, long time guitarist Steve Vai, and Frank's
commander in chief on drums, Terry Bozzio. We will play some of Frank's most
famous songs and portions of the Baby Snakes DVD as well. Plus, it is
absolutely fantastic just to hear Frank's voice again in possibly the only
national radio interview he did.

This is something we began only last year. Re-broadcasting truly special shows
and moments and bringing them up to date with new, relevant interviews. We call
them new, old shows. Call it what you like, but remember not to call at all on
this night, as we present The Genius of Frank Zappa only on ROCKLINE!