Old February 18th 04, 07:43 PM
Alan Freed

Default FWD: FM radio-related books, radios and an investment opportunity

Looks like Dr. Bruce is ready to retire from his FMedia! and FMAtlas.
His personal gain of time and energy will be our loss, unless someone
continues the publications. Granted, times have changed with so much
data available online and for free, but much of what Bruce does in
FMAtlas is not collected and disseminated in a form such as his.

The Nineteenth edition FM Atlas is ready. Most of you
know me as publisher of the FM Atlas and FMedia!
newsletter. You probably know that the 19th edition of
our book is ready, but not all of you have availed
yourself of this acclaimed publication. It is $23
postpaid worldwide, and we take VISA, American Express
and Mastercard, as well as checks or money orders to
"FM Atlas," PO Box 336, Esko MN 55733-0336. Look at
our website, http://members.aol.com/fmatlas/ for more
information on the book and the newsletter.

The newsletter, FMedia! is for sale, as I would like
to partially retire. A good low price could be yours,
plus help in formatting it is available. It stands a
good chance of succeeding as an advertising-supported
publication, now that its main competition, the M
Street Journal, has gone strictly online.

Also, a link from my main website enables you to visit
the FM DX page, and from there a page describing the
church that I attend. There's also some family
information.

So keep in touch by your words, kind or unkind, and
especially your orders! Remember, we offer unique
radios that get the myserious FM/subcarrier bands plus
TV-SAP and the TV Pro Channel--a technology that you,
dear reader, aren't supposed to even know about! And
we have an unblocked AOR 2002 scanner. It's a vintage
unit with only 20 channels, but it was made when
tuning in cellular (analog) was legal! Some hobbyists
like to listen to phone calls, and here's the radio
that does it, simply by searching the 870-890 mz part
of the spectrum. It also has a modiification, enabling
you to tune in FM/SCS and TV-SAP/Pro from channel 2 to
20. Used, $425 plus $9 shipping.

We've offered the FM Atlas since 1971 (starting as the
FM Station Atlas), FMedia! since 1986 and a radios'
and electronics catalog since 1977. Chris Miller of
Carlton MN is our technician, and Don Johnson, Cloquet
MN, chief theoretician. And FAX is back. Dial
218-879-8333, or call with your inquiries at
218-879-7676.

Bruce Elving