Old February 27th 04, 05:21 PM
Steven J. Sobol

Default Did I miss something?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4375426/

cites Howard Stern as being fired by Clear Channel.

WXRK/92.3, his flagship station, is owned by Infinitiy.

I believe the other two original affiliates, WYSP in Philadelphia and WJFK
in DC, are also owned by Infinity. The Cleveland station where I used to
listen to him is also owned by Infinity...

And the show is owned by Infinity.

How does Clear Channel figure in? Distribution, perhaps?

--
JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, Apple Valley, CA
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /

Old February 27th 04, 09:26 PM
Mike Ward

On 27 Feb 2004 17:21:32 GMT, "Steven J. Sobol"
wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4375426/

cites Howard Stern as being fired by Clear Channel.

WXRK/92.3, his flagship station, is owned by Infinitiy.

I believe the other two original affiliates, WYSP in Philadelphia and WJFK
in DC, are also owned by Infinity. The Cleveland station where I used to
listen to him is also owned by Infinity...

And the show is owned by Infinity.

How does Clear Channel figure in? Distribution, perhaps?

It figures, in that the media covering this story screwed up.

Clear Channel suspended Howard's show on the 6 stations in their chain
that carried him. That includes: Miami, San Diego, Orlando,
Pittsburgh, Rochester NY and Louisville KY. The CC stations in those
markets were just affiliates in the syndication deal. Some of the
print/wire stories the night it happened gave the wrong impression
that "Clear Channel was firing Howard", when, as you correctly note,
his home base and syndication deal are under Infinity. (He owns his
show, but the show's deal is with Infinity/WW1.)

The Stern show continues on his other affiliates, including all the
aforementioned Infinity-owned stations and other big market Infinity
O&O's like KLSX/Los Angeles. I read an article in the Washington Post
which would indicate that Infinity - at least for now - has no plans
to dump Howard either locally in NYC or otherwise.

I also haven't heard of any other non-Infinity-owned Howard affiliates
who are planning on dropping him (a handful of other affiliates are
owned by companies like Beasley, etc.).

Mike

Old February 27th 04, 09:26 PM
Charlie

Six Clear Channel stations carried Howard and they dumped him on those
stations due to content.

Old February 28th 04, 07:24 PM
Rich Wood

wrote:

I believe the other two original affiliates, WYSP in Philadelphia and WJFK
in DC, are also owned by Infinity. The Cleveland station where I used to
listen to him is also owned by Infinity...

And the show is owned by Infinity.

How does Clear Channel figure in? Distribution, perhaps?

Clear Channel's 6 stations are simply affiliates. They're under attack
and had to do something symbolic so Hogan could report to Congress
that they've taken action in a witchhunt environment. Once the
election is over Congress will return to screwing the country, Osama
will be caught just before the election (some say he's in a Pakistani
prison ready for a perp walk) and John Ashcroft will borrow Janet
Jackson's malfunctioning breast covering for use on the Scales of
Justice stature to purify it by covering its one bare breast.

Back to normal in November.

Rich

Old February 28th 04, 07:24 PM
Mark Howell

wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4375426/

cites Howard Stern as being fired by Clear Channel.

WXRK/92.3, his flagship station, is owned by Infinitiy.

I believe the other two original affiliates, WYSP in Philadelphia and WJFK
in DC, are also owned by Infinity. The Cleveland station where I used to
listen to him is also owned by Infinity...

And the show is owned by Infinity.

How does Clear Channel figure in? Distribution, perhaps?

Stern's show was carried in syndication on a half-dozen or so CCU
stations, in much the same sort of arrangement by which Premier
(CCU-owned) shows are carried on non-CCU stations.

Mark Howell

Old February 28th 04, 07:24 PM
David Eduardo

"Charlie" wrote in message
Six Clear Channel stations carried Howard and they dumped him on those
stations due to content.

No, they suspended him.

And that was 6 out of a grand total of 41 stations.