Old March 28th 04, 05:02 PM
Methos

Default WGOP

What's up with WGOP am 700 out of Walkersville/Washinton?
Have they undergone format changes?Why?

Old March 29th 04, 06:28 PM
Rich Wood

On 28 Mar 2004 16:02:06 GMT, "Methos" wrote:

What's up with WGOP am 700 out of Walkersville/Washinton?
Have they undergone format changes?Why?

Even Republicans didn't listen.

Rich

Old March 29th 04, 06:28 PM
Tom

Here in the DC area WGOP hasn't show up at all in the DC area Ratings
and were at the bottom of the Frederick, MD., ratings in the past 2
years. It appears that in order to make *any* money, they're going the
brokered route. The Greaseman is still on in the mornings but most of
the rest of the day is brokered. On weekends I've heard Michael Medved
which is interesting since he's no longer on live on WGOP during the
weekdays.

I (well, actually my kids) wish this station would go the Radio Disney
route. Barach, WGOP's owner, also owns AM540 in Pittsburgh which runs
Radio Disney and my kids love to listen to that when we travel up
there. It's a shame. They do have a decent daytime signal but nobody
knows they exist -- and the few that did know won't listen to the
brokered crap they're airing now.

Tom in Frederick, MD

Old March 30th 04, 06:18 AM
R J Carpenter

"Tom" wrote in message
Here in the DC area WGOP hasn't show up at all in the DC area Ratings
and were at the bottom of the Frederick, MD., ratings in the past 2
years. It appears that in order to make *any* money, they're going the
brokered route.

And non-English brokered at that at times..

I gather that they are silent quite a bit of the time.

Their renewal is still on hold months after it would normally have been
granted.

The owner is trying to move both WGOP and his station on 540 on the eastern
side of Chesapeake Bay to Damascus, MD. (Not licensed to there of course).
I think it's very iffy whether a county building permit will be issued.