Old June 15th 04, 01:21 AM
Bill Fredette

Default Urgent plea for help - ancient phone hybrid

Hello. Without going into exhaustive detail, I find myself saddled
with a really old "telephone equalizer," no manual and a group of
people that want me to make it work for them. So I'm hoping someone
here would be willing to venture an opinion/offer some guidance.

The unit is a Russco Electronics Model T212 Telephone Equalizer. As
far as I can gather, Russco is long gone, and I can find no
documentation on line. The group hopes to use the unit as a phone
hybrid.

The back of the unit just has a terminal strip. Here's the layout (X
indicates a screw):

---1---- ----2---- HOLD LINE ---A--- ---B---
X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X
NO C NC G NO C NC Coil +18 G - G + - G +

The front panel has a "line" switch with "in" and "out" positions, an
"in/out" switch for three equalizer pots (LO MID HI) and an "in/out"
switch for "HI BOOST."

Now I have no idea if the unit can even be used as a hybrid, but am
hoping that someone here might have some insight. The date for using
this thing is June 19. If you can offer any help, I'd really
appreciate it!

Also, in case the ASCII art above doesn't translate, I've put some
pics at www.84dragons.com

Thanks,

Bill Fredette