Old September 16th 04, 05:24 AM
Mike Terry

Default Radio Sutch RSL

Monday September 13th 2004

Paul Billingham reporting:

http://www.offshoreradio.de/

I wondered if you could mention our Radio Sutch RSL which we hope will be on
air this time next year. I have canvassed one or two people who knew
Screaming Lord Sutch, and one chap who actually helped with transmissions
from the Shivering Sands army fort in 1964. But we need more enthusiastic
folks to join in!. We will be discussing this event at the Official Monster
Raving Loony Party conference which is being held on the 1st to the 3rd of
October at the Dog and Partridge pub at Yately Hampshire.

We have kindly been given permission to broadcast from the Red Sands Fort
complex by Project Redsands, who have just had these forts surveyed. They
have a lot of work to do to make access to these forts safe and practicable,
but huge heavy equipment is not needed these days anyway. We would welcome
aboard anyone who has an interest in early offshore broadcasting whether
they can man turntables, fuel a generator, rig an arial or are interested in
any way. We want this broadcast to be a tribute to David Sutch, as well as a
lot of fun for the listeners and those involved in making it work.

We hope to transmit on AM, which given a good antenna and the almost perfect
transmitter site on the control tower should reach a wide area as well as
much of London. We intend to play a lot of Rock and Roll, have readings from
filthy novels, and include speciality acts such as jugglers, ventriloquists
and possibly cookery programmes as well (we are monster raving loonies
outside of elections as well).

Any interested parties can reach me at , or phone me on
07766164976.

Old September 18th 04, 05:34 AM
hwh

"Mike Terry" schreef in bericht
We hope to transmit on AM, which given a good antenna and the almost

perfect
transmitter site on the control tower should reach a wide area as well as
much of London.

Even is the aerial is bad, it does not matter, because the ERP is the
licensed value, so a bad aerial can be used with more transmitter power :-)

gr, hwh