Old September 26th 04, 07:09 AM
David Buckna

Default Will "Deja Vu (All Over Again)" be heard on any Clear Channel stations?

It will be interesting to see if any of Clear Channel's 1200+ radio
stations in the U.S. will add John Fogerty's Deja Vu (All Over Again)
to playlists.

Deja Vu (All Over Again)

Did you hear'em talkin' 'bout it on the radio
Did you try to read the writing on the wall
Did that voice inside you say I've heard it all before
It's like Deja Vu all over again

Day by day I hear the voices rising
Started with a whisper like it did before
Day by day we count the dead and dying
Ship the bodies home while the networks all keep score

Did you hear'em talkin' 'bout it on the radio
Could your eyes believe the writing on the wall
Did that voice inside you say I've heard it all before
It's like Deja Vu all over again

One by one I see the old ghosts rising
Stumblin' cross Big Muddy
Where the light gets dim
Day after day another Momma's crying
She's lost her precious child
To a war that has no end

Did you hear'em talkin' 'bout it on the radio
Did you stop to read the writing on the Wall
Did that voice inside you say
I've seen this all before
It's like Deja Vu all over again
It's like Deja Vu all over again
----

Clear Channel controls 60% of all rock programming in the U.S.

http://www.clearchannelsucks.org/
http://www.pbs.org/now/transcript/tr...pt_clearc.html

http://www.johnfogerty.com/main.php

John will be appearing on PBS Austin City Limits premiering Oct. 2.

David Buckna

Old September 27th 04, 02:29 AM
David Eduardo

"David Buckna" wrote in message
----

Clear Channel controls 60% of all rock programming in the U.S.

Following up, there are about 1,700 stations that could be called "rock" in
the US, and there is no statistical way that CCU could own 60% of them.

I count, using data updated last week, about 315 CCU stations in rock,
alternative, classic rock and non-rhythmic CHR. That is closer to 18% than
60%.

This is the stuff of urban legend.

Old September 27th 04, 02:29 AM
David Eduardo

"David Buckna" wrote in message

Clear Channel controls 60% of all rock programming in the U.S.

No, it does not. There is no reputable format tabulation that shows this.

Old September 27th 04, 02:05 PM
Stephanie Weil

Yes, the song is being played on classic rock stations. Clear Channel
owns Q-104.3 (WAXQ-FM) here in New York. I heard the song a few times
last week, since I listen to the station constantly at work.

--
Stephanie Weil
New York City, U.S.A.

Old September 27th 04, 02:05 PM
Sid Schweiger

This is the stuff of urban legend.

Nah. It's not even that complicated. It's just the "we hate CC" crowd who
will do or say anything to paint CC as the ultimate villain in the radio
business. They never seem to let the facts get in the way of their fantasies.

Old September 27th 04, 02:05 PM
Leonard Martin

In article ,
(David Buckna) wrote:

[...]

He's plugging away.
That's all progressives can do in the US.
It took generations to get women the right to vote and workers the right
to unionize.

Leonard

--
"Everything that rises must converge"