Old October 14th 04, 04:22 AM
dunker

Default digilink 3 extended switcher

We're using a digilink 3 with the dlsw7ex extended switcher, and for
some reason, it is working only on every other channel. It did work
on all 7 previously, and during a remodel of the control room, when we
hooked it back up, it would only work on every other channel. We have
2 or 3 of these switchers, all have the same malfunction, so we figure
it can't be the switcher itself.
We can't buy new automation, digilink free will be no help (too many
different satellite sources). any ideas?

Old October 16th 04, 07:37 AM
Rhett McMahon

dunker wrote:

We're using a digilink 3 with the dlsw7ex extended switcher, and for
some reason, it is working only on every other channel. It did work
on all 7 previously, and during a remodel of the control room, when we
hooked it back up, it would only work on every other channel. We have
2 or 3 of these switchers, all have the same malfunction, so we figure
it can't be the switcher itself.
We can't buy new automation, digilink free will be no help (too many
different satellite sources). any ideas?

If my sketchy documentation is correct, the extended switcher
communicates with the DL3 over a 9-pin molex connector cable.
How it choses which of the 7 audio channels is accomplished by
logic levels on three of those 9 pins. If the lowest bit wire
is not connected properly, it could certainly eliminate every
other source.

Cut to the chase: it could be the cable.

Rhett