RadioBanter

-   Broadcasting (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/)
-   -   50,000 watt oldies stations in the eastern U.S.? (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/29272-50-000-watt-oldies-stations-eastern-u-s.html)

MedWave December 30th 04 11:55 PM

50,000 watt oldies stations in the eastern U.S.?

Any others besides 1520 in Buffalo and 1530 in Cincinnati? I've been
enjoying the heck out of WSAI 1530, especially last night when the DJ
"Little Walter" was playing some fairly obscure stuff (at least by
oldies radio standards of late). Just wondered if there were any other
clear channel oldies stations that could be heard in Ohio after dark.
Thanks.

Bob Radil December 31st 04 04:54 AM

Any others besides 1520 in Buffalo and 1530 in Cincinnati? I've been
enjoying the heck out of WSAI 1530, especially last night when the DJ
"Little Walter" was playing some fairly obscure stuff (at least by
oldies radio standards of late). Just wondered if there were any other
clear channel oldies stations that could be heard in Ohio after dark.
Thanks.

Can you hear KB/1520 in Ohio? It's on the wrong side of their pattern.
BTW - The word is that WSAI will be dropping their oldies for talk. :(

Bob Radil
A ?subject=NewsgroupRes ponse" E-Mail /A

Steve December 31st 04 04:54 AM

On 30 Dec 2004 23:55:09 GMT, "MedWave" wrote:

Any others besides 1520 in Buffalo and 1530 in Cincinnati? I've been
enjoying the heck out of WSAI 1530, especially last night when the DJ
"Little Walter" was playing some fairly obscure stuff (at least by
oldies radio standards of late). Just wondered if there were any other
clear channel oldies stations that could be heard in Ohio after dark.
Thanks.

Hi,

You were probably listening to a national program called "Little
Walters Time Machine". It's GREAT! Very unique.

It can also be heard online on WQMA OldiesRadio 1520 Friday's at 10am
eastern. Goto www.q1520radio.com

There are a LOT of other really good national oldies shows that air
there weekends too. Dick Clark, SuperGold, etc.

Mark Howell January 1st 05 11:39 PM

On 31 Dec 2004 04:54:56 GMT, (Bob Radil) wrote:

BTW - The word is that WSAI will be dropping their oldies for talk. :(

It's official. It's been publicly announced and the switch takes
place in mid-January.

Mark Howell

Mike Ward January 1st 05 11:40 PM

On 30 Dec 2004 23:55:09 GMT, "MedWave" wrote:

Any others besides 1520 in Buffalo and 1530 in Cincinnati? I've been
enjoying the heck out of WSAI 1530, especially last night when the DJ
"Little Walter" was playing some fairly obscure stuff (at least by
oldies radio standards of late). Just wondered if there were any other
clear channel oldies stations that could be heard in Ohio after dark.
Thanks.

You've got roughly 18 days to enjoy WSAI's current format - they're
slated to flip to talk as WCKY on January 17th or thereabouts.

Caleb Thomas January 2nd 05 06:48 PM

I was just listening last night...sounds kinda like the old WCKY
format as far as music goes. Too bad we are losing another great
station.

Used to listen to WCKY on the RIGHT side of the dial every night as a
kid. CBS mystery theater was the best!

Ben
W4WSM

Blue Cat January 2nd 05 06:49 PM

"Mike Ward" wrote in message
On 30 Dec 2004 23:55:09 GMT, "MedWave" wrote:

Any others besides 1520 in Buffalo and 1530 in Cincinnati? I've been
enjoying the heck out of WSAI 1530, especially last night when the DJ
"Little Walter" was playing some fairly obscure stuff (at least by
oldies radio standards of late). Just wondered if there were any other
clear channel oldies stations that could be heard in Ohio after dark.
Thanks.

You've got roughly 18 days to enjoy WSAI's current format - they're
slated to flip to talk as WCKY on January 17th or thereabouts.

Back to the old call! I remember WCKY when it played country music back in
the '50s.

David Marston January 3rd 05 06:28 AM

In article , MedWave wrote:
Any others besides 1520 in Buffalo and 1530 in Cincinnati?...
... Just wondered if there were any other
clear channel oldies stations that could be heard in Ohio after dark.

Don't forget Canada! Here in New Hampshire, I get oldies at night on a few
clear-channel AM stations, mainly from Canada. You might be able to get
740 (CKWO) where you are.
--
.................David Marston at MV

Peter H. January 3rd 05 06:28 AM

It's official. It's been publicly announced and the switch takes place in
mid-January.

Will WSAI-WCKY/1530 give up brokered religion at the same time.

Will oldies and brokered religion flip to WCKY-WSAI/1360?

David Eduardo January 3rd 05 07:44 PM

"David Marston" wrote in message
In article , MedWave
wrote:
Any others besides 1520 in Buffalo and 1530 in Cincinnati?...
... Just wondered if there were any other
clear channel oldies stations that could be heard in Ohio after dark.

Don't forget Canada! Here in New Hampshire, I get oldies at night on a few
clear-channel AM stations, mainly from Canada. You might be able to get
740 (CKWO) where you are.

That station is not oldies, it is nostalgia/standards. Very different
formats.