Old December 30th 04, 11:55 PM
MedWave

Default 50,000 watt oldies stations in the eastern U.S.?

Any others besides 1520 in Buffalo and 1530 in Cincinnati? I've been
enjoying the heck out of WSAI 1530, especially last night when the DJ
"Little Walter" was playing some fairly obscure stuff (at least by
oldies radio standards of late). Just wondered if there were any other
clear channel oldies stations that could be heard in Ohio after dark.
Thanks.

Old December 31st 04, 04:54 AM
Bob Radil

Any others besides 1520 in Buffalo and 1530 in Cincinnati? I've been
enjoying the heck out of WSAI 1530, especially last night when the DJ
"Little Walter" was playing some fairly obscure stuff (at least by
oldies radio standards of late). Just wondered if there were any other
clear channel oldies stations that could be heard in Ohio after dark.
Thanks.

Can you hear KB/1520 in Ohio? It's on the wrong side of their pattern.
BTW - The word is that WSAI will be dropping their oldies for talk.

Bob Radil
A ?subject=NewsgroupRes ponse" E-Mail /A

Old December 31st 04, 04:54 AM
Steve

On 30 Dec 2004 23:55:09 GMT, "MedWave" wrote:

Any others besides 1520 in Buffalo and 1530 in Cincinnati? I've been
enjoying the heck out of WSAI 1530, especially last night when the DJ
"Little Walter" was playing some fairly obscure stuff (at least by
oldies radio standards of late). Just wondered if there were any other
clear channel oldies stations that could be heard in Ohio after dark.
Thanks.

Hi,

You were probably listening to a national program called "Little
Walters Time Machine". It's GREAT! Very unique.

It can also be heard online on WQMA OldiesRadio 1520 Friday's at 10am
eastern. Goto www.q1520radio.com

There are a LOT of other really good national oldies shows that air
there weekends too. Dick Clark, SuperGold, etc.

Old January 1st 05, 11:40 PM
Mike Ward

On 30 Dec 2004 23:55:09 GMT, "MedWave" wrote:

Any others besides 1520 in Buffalo and 1530 in Cincinnati? I've been
enjoying the heck out of WSAI 1530, especially last night when the DJ
"Little Walter" was playing some fairly obscure stuff (at least by
oldies radio standards of late). Just wondered if there were any other
clear channel oldies stations that could be heard in Ohio after dark.
Thanks.

You've got roughly 18 days to enjoy WSAI's current format - they're
slated to flip to talk as WCKY on January 17th or thereabouts.

Old January 2nd 05, 06:48 PM
Caleb Thomas

I was just listening last night...sounds kinda like the old WCKY
format as far as music goes. Too bad we are losing another great
station.

Used to listen to WCKY on the RIGHT side of the dial every night as a
kid. CBS mystery theater was the best!

Ben
W4WSM

Old January 2nd 05, 06:49 PM
Blue Cat

"Mike Ward" wrote in message
On 30 Dec 2004 23:55:09 GMT, "MedWave" wrote:

Any others besides 1520 in Buffalo and 1530 in Cincinnati? I've been
enjoying the heck out of WSAI 1530, especially last night when the DJ
"Little Walter" was playing some fairly obscure stuff (at least by
oldies radio standards of late). Just wondered if there were any other
clear channel oldies stations that could be heard in Ohio after dark.
Thanks.

You've got roughly 18 days to enjoy WSAI's current format - they're
slated to flip to talk as WCKY on January 17th or thereabouts.

Back to the old call! I remember WCKY when it played country music back in
the '50s.

Old January 3rd 05, 06:28 AM
David Marston

In article , MedWave wrote:
Any others besides 1520 in Buffalo and 1530 in Cincinnati?...
... Just wondered if there were any other
clear channel oldies stations that could be heard in Ohio after dark.

Don't forget Canada! Here in New Hampshire, I get oldies at night on a few
clear-channel AM stations, mainly from Canada. You might be able to get
740 (CKWO) where you are.
--
.................David Marston at MV

Old January 3rd 05, 06:28 AM
Peter H.

It's official. It's been publicly announced and the switch takes place in
mid-January.

Will WSAI-WCKY/1530 give up brokered religion at the same time.

Will oldies and brokered religion flip to WCKY-WSAI/1360?

Old January 3rd 05, 07:44 PM
David Eduardo

"David Marston" wrote in message
In article , MedWave
wrote:
Any others besides 1520 in Buffalo and 1530 in Cincinnati?...
... Just wondered if there were any other
clear channel oldies stations that could be heard in Ohio after dark.

Don't forget Canada! Here in New Hampshire, I get oldies at night on a few
clear-channel AM stations, mainly from Canada. You might be able to get
740 (CKWO) where you are.

That station is not oldies, it is nostalgia/standards. Very different
formats.