Old January 7th 21, 11:16 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default [RadioInsight] KREZ Goes Soft As 104.7 The Bridge

RadioInsight

KREZ Goes Soft As 104.7 The Bridge

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...-7-the-bridge/

In addition to launching Rhythmic Hot AC 101.9 The Block 1170 KJXX
Jackson/101.9 K270CN Cape Girardeau MO last week, Withers Broadcasting
revamped AC 104.7 KREZ Chaffee/Cape Girardeau as Soft AC 104.7 The Bridge.

With the change, the station is promoting No Talk Workdays as it will run
jockless from 9am to 7pm. KREZ has also added John Tesh for mornings to
replace Murphy, Sam and Jodi. Delilah will remain in evenings.

Canyon Cody and DJ Ethos To Host Entercom's Alternalido

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...s-alternalido/

With Anthony Valadez becoming the new co-host of KCRWs Morning Becomes
Eclectic, Entercom has tabbed Canyon Cody and DJ Ethos as the new hosts of
the Latin Alternative Alternalido show that airs weekly on nine of its
Alternative stations.

Canyon Cody and DJ Ethos are members of the Los Angeles based LatinX DJ
collective Subsuelo. Cody will serve as the primary host of Alternalido,
while DJ Ethos will produce a weekly mix for the show. Based at KROQ Los
Angeles, the program also airs on WNYL New York, KVIL Dallas, KXTE Las
Vegas, WSFS Miami, WQMP Orlando, KKDO Sacramento, KBZT San Diego, and KITS
San Francisco on Sunday nights from 10pm-1am local time.

Entercom announces the addition of Subsuelo member Canyon Cody as host of
“Alternalido.” The Latin show, which launched in May 2020, features an
expertly curated mix of alternative sounds from Latin artists around the
world. The show will also welcome Subsuelo’s DJ Ethos, who will co-host a
weekly mix segment. “Alternalido,” now featuring Canyon Cody and DJ Ethos,
will be heard Sundays from 10:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. local time on nine
Entercom alternative stations, effective January 10.

“Born and raised in Los Angeles, ‘Alternalido’ is fast becoming the leader
in breaking, new Latin alternative rock,” said Jeff Federman, Regional
President, Entercom. “As we expand across the country, Canyon Cody and DJ
Ethos are the natural experts to grow the genre even further.”

“‘Alternalido’ has allowed us to expand our offering to better serve our
diverse audiences across the country and we’re excited to add two dynamic
talents to our program,” said Mike Kaplan, Alternative Format Captain,
Entercom. “Canyon Cody and DJ Ethos are the soul of Subsuelo and we look
forward to them bringing their rich Latin music taste to ‘Alternalido’ and
add another layer to this widely popular show.”

We are so excited about ‘Alternalido,’” said Cody. “When we first started
Subsuelo, there werent many platforms where you could play the sort of
music we love – this diverse, open-format mix of genres, languages and
generations. ‘Alternalido’ is a perfect fit for Subsuelo because its one of
those rare shows where we have the freedom to just celebrate all kinds of
great music, without being stuck in some narrow box. Everything Subsuelo
does is rooted in Latin music, but thats a big umbrella with a lot of
wiggle room. With ‘Alternalido,’ youll hear a little bit of everything, and
hopefully discover your new favorite song, even if you dont understand the
lyrics. This is a really exciting time in Latin music, with so much
innovation and experimentation happening all over, and were just grateful
for the opportunity to support the scene and help it grow.

Subsuelo is a Latinx DJ crew from Los Angeles that brings together a
borderless, genre-bending mix of new music from around the world. Subsuelo
started as a neighborhood house party in 2011 and eventually grew into a
10-member creative collective. Led by Canyon Cody and DJ Ethos, the
Subsuelo crew features a diverse squad of instrumentalists, vocalists,
dancers, photographers and visual artists united by the love of music. In
2016, Subsuelo co-founded Calentura along with LNL and iconic salsa label
Fania Records. The critically-acclaimed project opened the vaults of
Fania’s historic catalog, remixing previously unreleased tracks from Latin
music legends Celia Cruz, Hector Lavoe and Willie Colón. Over the last 10
years, Subsuelo has toured across Latin America and the United States,
performing at Coachella, Boiler Room, Supersónico, Red Bull Music Academy
and more.

Stations airing “Alternalido” include ALT 103.7 (KVIL-FM) in Dallas, ALT
107.5 (KXTE-FM) in Las Vegas, KROQ (KROQ-FM) in Los Angeles, 104.3 The
Shark (WSFS-FM) in Miami, ALT 92.3 (WNYL-FM) in New York, FM 101.9
(WQMP-FM) in Orlando, ALT 94-7 (KKDO-FM) in Sacramento, ALT 949 (KBZT-FM)
in San Diego, and ALT 105.3 (KITS-FM) in San Francisco.

Following Bull Move, My Shifts To 97.1 In Tucson

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...7-1-in-tucson/

Shortly after relaunching Country 97.1 The Bull KYWD Green Valley/Tucson as
92.9 The Bull on the stronger signal of KMIY, iHeartMedia completed the
shuffle by resurrecting KMIYs Hot AC format as My 97.1.

After the 92.9 relaunch took place at 9:29am on Wednesday, the two stations
simulcasted for a half hour before the My brand returned on the 97.1 signal.

The new My 97.1 will feature Valentine in the Morning, On Air with Ryan
Seacrest in middays, WASH-FM Washington DCs Toby Knapp in afternoons and On
with Mario Lopez in evenings.

Kool Gold Honolulu Rebrands As Decades 107.9

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...decades-107-9/

A new year brought a new branding for Salem Media Classic Hits 107.9 Kool
Gold KKOL-FM Aiea/Honolulu.

KKOL-FM rebranded on New Years Day to Decades 107.9. The name change
completed the stations gradual shift to a playlist focusing on music of the
70s through 90s with a slight pop/rhythmic lean.