Old February 8th 21, 10:32 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default [RadioInsight] Double Duty For Double L At iHeartMedia Phoenix

RadioInsight

Double Duty For Double L At iHeartMedia Phoenix

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...media-phoenix/

iHeartMedia Hot AC Mix 96.9 KMXP Phoenix has announced the addition of Lois
Double L Lewis as afternoon host.

Double L will continue to serve as Music Director and midday host at sister
Country 102.5 KNIX in addition to her new 3-7pm shift at KMXP. She has been
at iHeartMedia Phoenix since March 2016 after previously serving as APD/MD
at 95.5 The Bull KWNR Las Vegas and stints in the record industry.

She succeeds On Air with Ryan Seacrest in afternoons at KMXP.

Mix 96.9, Feel Good With The Best Mix of the 90s to Now, announced today
that Double L will host PM Drive, effective immediately. Double L will
bring her high energy to the station and broadcast weekdays from 3 – 7 p.m.
In addition, Double L will continue to serve as music director and midday
host for iHeartMedia Phoenix’s 102.5 KNIX.

“Double L’s brand is right in line with our ‘feel good’ image on Mix 96.9,
and this is an opportunity to utilize her unique ability to captivate
listeners on more than one station,” said Steve Geofferies, Regional Senior
Vice President of Programming for iHeartMedia Phoenix.

“What an amazing opportunity,” said Double L. “MIX 96.9 is a feel-good
station that has a vibe that really resonates with me – feeling good is
what I do best, and I’m thrilled to join the Mix 96.9 family.”

“The Mix 96.9 audience will undoubtably connect with Double L the minute
they hear her infectious energy and engaging style, she’s a perfect fit,”
said Linda Little, Region President for iHeartMedia Phoenix.

Matt Spiegel Reunites With Danny Parkins In Afternoons At WSCR

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...noons-at-wscr/

Matt Spiegel has returned to the full-time lineup at Entercom Sports 670
The Score WSCR Chicago as afternoon co-host.

Spiegel will be reuniting with Danny Parkins as the duo previously hosted
middays together from 2017-18. He has been part of WSCR on and off for the
past 27 years, most recently as a part-time weekend host. Spiegel also is a
contributor to the Marquee Sports Networks Chicago Cubs programming and has
written for multiple local and national publications.

Spiegel takes the afternoon co-host slot that had been held by Dan McNeil
until last September when he was fired after making a sexist tweet.

670 The Score (WSCR-AM) in Chicago has promoted Matt Spiegel to full-time
afternoon show co-host. Spiegel will rejoin co-host Danny Parkins on
“Parkins and Spiegel,” weekdays from 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. CT.

Spiegel has been a talk show host, singer, and columnist in Chicago since
1995, and has spent the last 27 years on and off with the station,
including nine years in middays and most recently in part-time on-air
roles. From 2017 to 2018, he co-hosted the station’s midday show with
Parkins. He has also written for 670 The Score, The Daily Herald, USA
Today, Baseball Weekly, The Sporting News, and more and hosted nationally
on Sporting News Radio for a decade. He can also be seen as a contributor
on the Cubs television station, Marquee Sports Network, and has guested on
a wide range of broadcast television.

“Matt has always been part of the Score team, but the fact that he is now
reunited with Danny in Afternoons is great news most for fans,” said Mitch
Rosen, Brand Manager, 670 The Score. “Matt’s popularity with our audience
throughout all of our platforms is unwavering. The content he delivers on a
daily basis is thoughtful, entertaining, opinionated sports talk, and data
shows from the previous time together that listeners love this tandem of
Danny and Matt.”

“This is where I’m supposed to be: talking sports and more with this
audience, creating a daily space for connection and companionship,” said
Spiegel. “There’s nothing like it. Danny Parkins is a great host and a good
friend. What he and I had found in terms of chemistry was special three
years ago and I’m super excited to resume, move forward creatively, and see
where we can go.”

Bill Michaels Joins WOZN Madison; To Resume Statewide Syndication

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...e-syndication/

Mid-West Family Broadcasting will take over syndication of Bill Michaels
across Wisconsin.

Michaels will debut on Sports 1670/96.7 The Zone 1670 WOZN/96.7 W244DR
Madison on Tuesday, February 9 from 10am-2pm. He will also air immediately
on the companys 580 WKTY/K244FM La Crosse and Sports Talk 105.1 790
WAYY/105.1 W286CK Eau Claire.

Mid-West Family replaces Entercoms 1250 The Fan WSSP Milwaukee as the
flagship of Michaels show. Michaels had been heard in Milwaukee since 1999,
first at 620 WTMJ and from 2011 until January at WSSP. He also syndicated
the WSSP show across the state.

Bill Michaels has a new flagship station. Mid-West Family Madison is
excited to announce sports talk 1670AM and 96.7FM The Zone (WOZN) will now
be the home of Bill Michaels with syndication across the state of Wisconsin.

“We are excited to have one of the biggest names in Wisconsin sports talk
history as part of our growing sports properties”, said Randy Hawke,
Vice-President of Programming for Mid-West Family. “Bill is known and loved
throughout the state as the authority on all things Wisconsin Sports, pro
and college. Bill is the trusted voice, and we already have radio stations
calling to secure his show”.

Bill Michaels will be heard across Mid-West Family radio stations WKTY in
LaCrosse and Sports Talk 105.1 Eau Claire. Mid-West Family plans to make
the show available on a market exclusive basis throughout all of Wisconsin
immediately.

“I’m grateful for this opportunity with Mid-West Family and I’m even more
excited to get back to doing what I love”, said Michaels. “In addition, I’m
so thankful and appreciative to all of my family, friends, listeners and
sponsors for encouraging me to come back. I can’t even begin to tell you
what your support has meant to me. Let’s go!”

Bill Michaels will debut on Tuesday, February 9th at 10am CST.

FCC To Hold Rescheduled Auction Of 140 New Licenses In July

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...enses-in-july/

The FCC has announced it will hold its rescheduled auction of 136 FM
signals and 4 AM signals on July 27.

The auction replaces the one that was to be held in April 2020, but also
includes six additional FM licenses to replace since-deleted allocations
and the four St. Louis area AMs that were revoked last March.

The minimum opening bid on some of the potential signals has been dropped.
107.9 Sacramento, which had the highest minimal operating bid of $100,000
in the original 2020 auction, now will start at just $45,000. The four St.
Louis area AM allocations: 1190 Fairview Heights IL, 1430 St. Louis, 1490
East St. Louis IL, and 1510 Highland IL will each start at $50,000.

The six new allocations that were not part of the original 2020 auction are
for Class A FMs on 102.9 King City CA, 97.3 Orange MA, 94.1 Bourbon MO,
101.7 Cuba MO, 102.3 Wheatland MO, and 95.5 Edgefield SC.

The FCC has also announced a freeze effective immediately on proposals to
modify any of the allotments scheduled for the auction, petitions that
propose a change in channel, class, community, or reference coordinates for
any of the allotments, and any application or petition that fails to fully
protect any Auction 109 FM Allotment.

The full list of available allocations and their minimum bids are available
here.

Katelyn Maida Joins 93Q Houston Morning Zoo

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...n-morning-zoo/

Cox Media Group Country 93Q 92.9 KKBQ-FM Pasadena/Houston TX has filled the
opening created by the retirement of Kevin Kline from its morning show with
the addition of Katelyn Maida.

Maida returns to her native Houston after co-hosting mornings at Cumulus
Country 96.3 KSCS Dallas from February 2015 to last November under the name
Connected K. She began her career at KKBQ-FM in 2012 as an intern and
served as a weekend host at the station and Social Media Producer Coxs
Houston cluster during her first stint at the company.

Maida joins incumbent hosts Tim Tuttle and Erica Rico on the Q Morning Zoo.

Shannon Holly Joins 94.3 The Point For Mornings

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...-for-mornings/

Townsquare Media Hot AC 94.3 The Point WJLK Asbury Park NJ has added
Shannon Holly its new morning co-host alongside Lou Russo.

Holly most recently hosted middays at Entercom Hot AC New 102.7 WNEW New
York in 2018/19. She previously co-hosted mornings at B103.9 WXKB Fort
Myers from 2000-2005, Star 94 WSTR Atlanta 2005-2010, and KS95 KSTP-FM
Minneapolis from 2011-2016.

Holly takes the slot that had been held by Liz Jeressi until her exit in
late 2020 after 18 years in mornings alongside Russo.

WTCM Gold Debuts In Traverse City

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...traverse-city/

Midwestern Broadcasting Country 103.5 WTCM-FM Traverse City MI has expanded
its brand with the launch of WTCM Gold 1310 WCCW Traverse City.

The new brand launched on Friday replacing Oldies AM 13. Positioning as
Yesterdays Country Music as a play on WTCM-FMs Todays Country Music
positioner, the station is focusing on Country hits of the 70s through 90s.

Jordan Alamat Joins 93X Minneapolis

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...x-minneapolis/

Former Alternative Go 96.3 KQGO Minneapolis MD/midday host Jordan Alamat
has joined Cumulus Media Rock 93X 93.7 KXXR Minneapolis as evening host.

Alamat spent four and a half years at KQGO until the stations staff was let
go ahead of its sale to Educational Media Foundation in December. He began
his career at iHeartMedia Minneapolis where he served in multiple roles
including producer for the Dave Ryan morning show at 101.3 KDWB and on-air
at Alt 93.3 W227BF.

CUMULUS MEDIA announces that it has appointed Jordan Alamat as On-Air Host,
Nights, on 93X/KXXR-FM in Minneapolis, MN. Alamat debuted on 93X on
Wednesday, February 3rd, and can be heard Monday through Friday from
7:00pm-12:00am Midnight. Alamat, a native of New Brighton, MN, joins
Cumulus Minneapolis and 93X following on-air positions on Minneapolis radio
stations KQGO, KZGO and KDWB.*

Darek Madden, Program Director, 93X/KXXR-FM, said: “We’re thrilled to add
Jordan to the 93X team.*He’s a true music person, a pop culture aficionado,
and one of the rising stars in this business.*Plus, he enjoys our winters,
so he’s basically a unicorn.”

Alamat commented: “Speaking from experience, the team at 93X were difficult
competitors, and I can already tell they’re immaculate teammates!*I’m
stoked and thankful to be a part of the team and legacy at 93X.*I can also
drink 93X Half-Assed IPA openly in public without worrying about getting in
trouble, since it’s now my team’s beer!”

Nielsen Signs SummitMedia to Expanded Ratings Deal

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...-ratings-deal/

Nielsen Audio has signed a new long-term deal with SummitMedia to give the
company full access to the monthly CDM currency ratings, TAPSCAN software
and Nielsen Scarborough in all markets where available.

Nine of SummitMedias clusters are in markets now served by the monthly CDM
reports. They are Birmingham, Greenville/Spartanburg, Honolulu, Knoxville,
Louisville, Omaham Richmond, and Wichita. SummitMedia previously only
subscribed to the quarterly releases.

Today, Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) announced that SummitMedia, LLC, has entered
into a long-term agreement for Nielsen Audio services in its nine markets.
The new agreement incorporates an expansion and enhancement of the service
level to include Continuous Diary Measurement (CDM). Effective immediately,
SummitMedia will have full, unqualified subscriber access to the monthly
CDM currency ratings, TAPSCAN software and Nielsen Scarborough in all
markets where available.

SummitMedia now subscribes to CDM measurement in Birmingham, Ala.,
Greenville-Spartanburg, S.C., Honolulu, Hawaii, Knoxville, Tenn.,
Louisville, Ky., Richmond, Va, Wichita, Kan., and Omaha-Council Bluffs,
Neb., and Iowa.

SummitMedia is an integrated broadcasting, digital media, direct marketing,
and events company, based in Birmingham, Ala.

“We are looking forward to utilizing Nielsen’s measurement and data
analytic capabilities to showcase SummitMedia’s value to the advertiser and
agency communities,” said Carl Parmer, Chairman and CEO of SummitMedia.
“Consumers’ media habits are evolving at an incredibly rapid pace and
having a faster read on audience trends is imperative. Continuous Diary
Measurement will enable our teams to react more strategically and quickly.”

“We are proud that SummitMedia has extended and enhanced its relationship
with Nielsen Audio,” said Brad Kelly, Managing Director, Nielsen.
“SummitMedia has placed their trust in us to deliver an accurate and timely
read on radio audiences. Equipped with CDM, SummitMedia’s talented sales
pros will be well positioned to optimize revenue and attract new
advertisers by delivering better, faster, keener insights to the local
radio ad marketplace.”

[RadioInsight] iHeartMedia Launches 92.9 The Bull Tucson RadioInsight via rec.radio.broadcasting Admin Broadcasting 0 January 6th 21 10:16 PM
double. DhiaDuit Shortwave 0 September 12th 16 01:57 PM
double posting? **THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** Swap 0 September 16th 05 03:15 AM
double double (bi)quad - feed impedance? Jeppe Antenna 0 March 23rd 04 10:08 PM
Double Licenses? Ben K. Policy 1 November 5th 03 02:08 AM