Old March 15th 21, 09:28 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default [RadioInsight] 96.7 The Coyote Fayetteville Falls Into Red Dirt

RadioInsight

96.7 The Coyote Fayetteville Falls Into Red Dirt

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...into-red-dirt/

Rox Radio Group has moved the programming of Texas/Red Dirt Country “Red
Dirt 106.1” 1250 KRRD/106.1 K291CK Fayetteville AR to 96.7 KCYT
Fayetteville replacing Country 96.7 The Coyote under new KXRD call letters.

The move follows the pending $300,000 sale of KRRD/K291CK to KTV Media. It
is the second format change to come after Rox completed its acquisition of
Hog Radio Inc.s Fayetteville cluster earlier this year as the company
flipped Classic Hits Star 101.5 KFMD Greenland to Hot AC 101.5 My-FM.

KCYT was ranked third out of the three Mainstream Country outlets in the
Fayetteville market with a 2.5 share in the Fall 2020 Nielsen Audio
ratings. iHeartMedias Kix 104 103.9 KKIX tied for the overall market lead
with an 8.1 share. Cumulus Medias 94.3 Nash Icon KAMO was tied for eighth
overall with a 4.7 share. KRRD registered a 0.3 share.

WOKV Moves Mark Kaye Into Rush Limbaugh Timeslot

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...augh-timeslot/

Along with co-owned 750 WSB/95.5 WSBB Atlanta, Cox Media Group News/Talk
104.5 WOKV-FM Jacksonville FL is dropping the Rush Limbaugh Show.

WOKV-FM will be moving 10am-12pm host Mark Kaye into the 12-3pm slot on
Monday, March 22.

The move comes a month after Kaye stepped down as morning host at Cox CHR
95.1 WAPE after fourteen years to focus on the WOKV talk show. He began the
talk show in 2017 as a one hour show and expanded it to two hours in
January 2019. Prior to joining WAPE in 2007, Kaye co-hosted mornings at at
“Hot 99.5” WIHT Washington DC and “B98.5” WBBO Ocean Acres NJ.

WOKV-FM has not announced plans for the 10am-12pm slot yet.

WSB Sets Post-Limbaugh Schedule With Emphasis On Local Hosts

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...n-local-hosts/

Cox Media Group News/Talk 750 WSB Atlanta/95.5 WSBB Doraville GA will debut
a new lineup on Monday, March 22 as it fills the lineup slot held by the
Rush Limbaugh Show.

Current afternoon host Erick Erickson will move from the 4-6pm Atlantas
Evening News slot to the 12-3pm shift. The conservative blogger and host
has been at WSB since 2011 and previously held the late morning shift. He
was also a regular fill-in for Limbaughs national show in 2014/15. Erickson
also hosts a 10am-12pm show syndicated across Georgia based at Cox
1340/98.7 WGAU Athens.

The first hour of Sean Hannitys syndicated show will remain in the 3pm
hour, while the remainder of Hannitys show will move up from 8-10pm to
7-9pm. Mark Arum, who currently hosts from 6-8pm, will move to 4-7pm as
host of Atlanta’s News Talk. The Word On The Street, hosted by MalaniKai,
Shelley Wynter, Dj Crystal, and Scotty B will add an hour to run from
9pm-12am.

The remainder of WSBs lineup remains in-tact with Atlantas Morning News
from 430-9am,

The Von Haessler Doctrine from 9am-12pm, and Fox News Radios Brian
Kilmeade Friends from 12-3am.

Starting Monday, March 22, a new afternoon line up is coming to 95.5 WSB
with a focus on local programming. Erick Erickson will assume the noon to 3
p.m. time slot previously occupied by Rush Limbaugh who lost his battle
with cancer in February. Mark Arum will take the baton from Erickson in the
4 p.m. to 7 p.m. slot as the host of Atlanta’s News Talk. Sean Hannity
will remain live from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m., and his remaining two-hours will
now air from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.

“With these line up changes, 95.5 WSB will better serve Atlanta with more
local programming,” said Drew Anderssen, WSB Director of Branding
Programming. “Erick Erickson and Mark Arum are both tremendous talents, and
the move will continue to strengthen the extraordinary brand that is 95.5
WSB.”

Erickson, who is also a nationally syndicated columnist, has been the voice
of the evening drive time in Atlanta for a decade on 95.5 WSB and has a
self-syndicated morning radio show across the state of Georgia. He is
consistently one of the most listened to local hosts in the country and has
the ear of conservative leaders across the nation. In 2015, The Atlantic
named him the most influential conservative in the United States.

“I would never have gotten into radio without encouragement from Rush
Limbaugh who has been gracious over the years with a lot of great advice
and guidance. It was an honor to fill in for him on his show, and it is
overwhelming and humbling to move into the slot Rush occupied with such
distinction for so long. I appreciate and intend to live up to the
responsibility that comes with this time slot.”

Arum, who for the last decade has hosted from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., will now
move into the 4 p.m. time slot. He started at 95.5 WSB in 1997 and since
then has worn many hats, helping lead 95.5 WSB traffic coverage in the
morning as well as covering breaking local and national news. Since 2002,
he has been the Traffic Anchor for WSB-TV’s “Channel 2 Action News This
Morning,” winning multiple Emmy awards and helping lead the show to top
morning show ratings. Atlanta has been waking up with Arum for over 20
years, and now they will get the opportunity to drive home with him. Arum
remains the youngest inductee ever into the Georgia Radio Hall of Fame, in
2017.

“When I was hired at 95.5 WSB over 23 years ago, I could never have
envisioned that I would ever get the opportunity to host a drive time show
on the best News Talk Station in the nation. It’s a cliché, but this is
truly a dream come true. I invite all of Metro Atlanta and North Georgia to
get all the news, weather and traffic they need, and the entertainment they
want every afternoon with me and my pals on 95.5 WSB, Atlanta’s News and
Talk.”

“I am thrilled that we have the opportunity to elevate internal CMG talent
to these critically essential dayparts at 95.5 WSB,” said Rob Babin, SVP,
Radio. “Erick Erickson and Mark Arum both have a proven track record and
commitment to our audience and communities. I have no doubt their success
will continue as they expand to new dayparts and reach new audiences.”

CJ Lusk Joins Air 1 For Afternoons

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...or-afternoons/

Educational Media Foundationss Air 1 Contemporary Worship network has
announced CJ Lusk as its new afternoon co-host alongside Lauren Lee.

Lusk most recently held the same role at Way Medias Way-FM network for
three years until departing in January. He previously hosted middays and
then mornings at Cumulus Country Kicks 101.5 WKHX Atlanta from 2015-2017,
and mornings at Flinn CHR Q107.5 WHBQ-FM Memphis from 2011-2015 and Alpha
Media CHR Live 95.5 KBFF Portland from 2009-2011. Lusk has also hosted
afternoons at Rhythmic CHR 96.1 The Beat WIBT Charlotte.

Lusk fills the slot across from Lee vacated by Mike Shaeffer at the end of
October 2020.

Rita Cosby Returns To WABC To Host Late Nights

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...t-late-nights/

Red Apple Media Conservative Talk 770 WABC New York has announced that Rita
Cosby will return to the station to host a new 10pm-12am show.

Cosby previously spent five years at WABC from 2013 to 2018.

She briefly served as co-host with Pat Kiernan for “The Ride Home” from
5-6pm in 2014 before segueing to Political Editor and weekend host and then
co-hosted middays with Curtis Sliwa in 2018. Cosby worked as an anchor for
Fox News Channel from 1995-2005 and then hosted a nightly show at MSNBC
from 2005-2007. Cosby also hosted afternoons at 710 WOR New York. She also
serves as a correspondent for the syndicated television series Inside
Edition.

Cosby takes the late night slot that had been held by the WABC based
syndicated John Batchelor Show, which was cancelled earlier this month.

John Catsimatidis, CEO of Red Apple Group and subsidiaries Red Apple Media
and 77 WABC Radio, has announced the addition of “The Rita Cosby Show” to
the station’s primetime weeknight lineup. Cosby, an acclaimed media
veteran and best-selling author, will host the 10pm to Midnight program,
beginning today, March 15th, focusing on breaking news and fascinating
interviews.

Rita Cosby is one of the most recognized and respected broadcasters in
America who has attained an extraordinary level of success in multiple
arenas that few in the media landscape have achieved. Cosby was named
Radio Ink’s 2018 Most Influential Woman Legend of the Year and has won six
Gracie Awards in radio, including for Outstanding Host and Outstanding Talk
Show.

She is also a renowned Emmy-winning TV host, who anchored highly rated
primetime shows on both Fox News Channel and MSNBC. Born in Brooklyn,
Cosby has covered the globe with her live reports from the war zone in
Afghanistan, in Belgrade during the NATO bombing, to the US-Mexico border
and beyond. Known for her engaging style and headline-making interviews,
she has obtained exclusives with more than twenty world leaders, including
seven U.S. Presidents and Pope Francis, as well as with entertainment icons
Michael Jackson, Tom Hanks, Bruce Willis and infamous inmates Dr. Jack
Kevorkian and David Berkowitz, “The Son of Sam.”

The following statement was released by John Catsimatidis, CEO of Red
Apple Group:

“Rita Cosby is the best in the business, with a tremendous following and
incredible background. ‘The Rita Cosby Show’ will bring a new and exciting
dynamic to our important evening programming, with Rita’s top-notch
interviewing skills, impeccable record in journalism and deep ability to
connect with our listeners. We are proud to welcome such a respected host
to 77 WABC Radio and anticipate big success for ‘The Rita Cosby Show,’”
said John Catsimatidis.

The following statement has been released by Chad Lopez, President of Red
Apple Media/77 WABC Radio:

“We are thrilled to have Rita Cosby taking over this important timeslot.
Beginning tonight, our evening listeners will get a great dose of the
latest news along with powerful and compelling interviews, from one of the
most well-regarded broadcasters,” said Chad Lopez.

The following statement has been released by Rita Cosby:

“I am honored to be joining 77 WABC’s terrific lineup and working with
legendary New York icon John Catsimatidis and his team. During this pivotal
and unpredictable moment in our nation and communities, 10pm to Midnight
will be a nonstop voice of reason and truth you will not want to miss,”
said Rita Cosby.

Cosby was previously at 77 WABC Radio from 2014 to 2018, where she served
as Political Editor as well as host of successful weekend and midday shows.

WDRV Recreates Its 2001 Launch

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...s-2001-launch/

Hubbard Classic Rock 97.1 The Drive WDRV Chicago/96.9 WWDV Zion IL is
celebrating its 20th anniversary today with a recreation of its 2001 launch.

Starting with “Lakeshore Drive” from Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah at 7am, WDRV
will recreate its music logs from its first day on-air through midnight.
Original morning host Steve Downes and midday host Bob Stroud, who was the
first host hired, will both share memories of the early days of the station.

WDRV launched on March 15, 2001 following a month of stunting after
then-owner Bonneville acquired the former Classical 97.1 WNIB.

WDRV-FM (97-1 FM, The Drive) launches a year-long, Twentieth Anniversary
Celebration with a special, all-day feature this Monday, March 15th.* WDRV
Director of Content and Branding, Rob Cressman, explains that “in honor of
what is widely recognized as the ‘first day of The Drive,’ we are excited
to turn back the hands of time and relive Chicago’s soundtrack from March
15th, 2001, precisely as it came out of the speakers two decades ago.* We
have unearthed the music log from that special day and will endeavor to
recreate much of the excitement and enthusiasm that accompanied the
launch.” *

Beginning at 7am Monday morning, The Sherman & Tingle Show will replicate
the station’s launch by rolling the iconic “Lakeshore Drive” from Aliotta
Haynes Jeremiah.* From there, The Drive’s music will mirror the log from
March 15th, 2001, straight through midnight.* Reminiscences and nostalgia
will rule the day, as Sherman & Tingle welcome WDRV’s inaugural morning
host, Steve Downes, to the show for his personal look back at The Drive’s
earliest days.* Bob Stroud, the first voice on WDRV, will follow with his
own memories of The Drive circa 2001 and the twenty years that have
followed.* Each hour of the day will include fun surprises, including
opportunities to win limited edition, commemorative 20th Anniversary
Merchandise from The Drive.

Cressman added, “We look forward not only to Monday’s musical
retrospective, but also to the year ahead as we celebrate all that has made
The Drive synonymous with Chicago over the past twenty