Old May 6th 21, 09:48 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default [RadioInsight] New AAA Flows Into Billings

RadioInsight

New AAA Flows Into Billings

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...into-billings/

Wasatch Community Media has launched AAA The River on 88.9 KYWH Lockwood
and 107.1 K296EM Billings MT.

The stations, owned by Fresh Life Church, had been operated as Christian
Fresh Life Radio. The River is being operated by longtime Salt Lake City
area programmer Mike Summers. Summers founded Alternative “X96” KXRK and
programmed 91.9 KPCW, 95.5 KJQN and 101.9 KENZ in the market. His Wasatch
Community Media briefly operated AAA 107.9 The Mountain KUMT in 2016.

The new AAA brand launched on Wednesday, May 5 and lists U2, Counting
Crows, Bruce Springsteen, Natalie Merchant, R.E.M., Coldplay and David
Bowie as core artists.

Wasatch Community Media is excited to announce the launch of Montana’s
River, a new radio station for the people of Billings Montana and beyond.
The official launch date is May 5, 2021.

Wasatch Community Media believes Montana’s River will find an audience for
our eclectic mix of rock ‘n’ roll, including U2, Counting Crows, Bruce
Springsteen, Natalie Merchant, R.E.M., Coldplay and David Bowie.

As a Non Commercial station, Montana’s River is also dedicated to helping
build a community to help support other non-profits and charities in our
coverage area. Details as well as a link to streaming the station are
available now at montanasriver.org.

Otter Under Construction In Northern Minnesota

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...ern-minnesota/

After a pair of sales that did not close, Shire & Shore Communications is
preparing to relaunch 95.3 WFNX Grand Marais MN as AAA 95.3 The Otter.

The station describes its soon-to-be format as Progressive radio from the
North Shore of Lake Superior, playing a hand-picked mix of alternative,
folk, rock and soul at 95.3 FM. Right now it is stunting with different
musical genres each day. The station is currently playing a day of Big
Bands and crooners, following stints this week with All 80s, Alt Country,
R&B, and Heavy Metal.

It was previously AAA as Radio North of Ordinary WVVE in 2018. Following an
LMA and planned $30,000 sale to Zoe Communications, the station flipped to
a simulcast of Classic Rock “95 GMO” 95.3 WGMO Shell Lake WI in April 2019.
After that sale failed to close, Daniel Hatfield agreed to purchase it for
$25,000 in December 2019, but that sale also failed to close. WVVE changed
call letters to WFNX in June 2020.

Tangled Up In Blues Comes To WHBC

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...comes-to-whbc/

After a two decade run on iHeartMedia Classic Rock 93.3 The Wolf WNCD
Youngstown OH, Cornel Bogdans Tangled Up In Blues has relaunched on Alpha
Media News/Talk 1480 WHBC Canton.

The show, which aired on WNCD from September 2000 until last summer,
focuses on Blues and music derivative of Blues airing Sunday nights from
7-10pm. Bogdan hosted the show while working in sales management at WNCD
and has taken a similar position at Alpha Canton.

Alpha Media, Canton is proud to announce that 1480 WHBC is now the new home
of Tangled Up In Blues with Cornel Bogdan! This show, designed by Bogdan,
first aired in September 2000 in Youngstown, Ohio and continues to educate
and entertain the public in blues music today.

Bogdan says, “When I started Tangled Up In Blues over 20 years ago, I had
no idea it would be so greatly accepted. It’s very humbling. My listeners
are passionate about this music like no other. WHBC is a cornerstone in
Canton. I wanted to be part of that heritage. Tangled Up In Blues on WHBC
is really good mojo!” Bogdan continues, “It doesn’t matter what kind of
music you’re into. Virtually every type of American music began with the
BLUES. Country, rock, pop, rap, folkit all started with the blues!”

Pam Cook, Program Director at WHBC, says that fans across Northeast Ohio
are very excited to have Bogdan back on the air with them! The response to
the show joining Alpha Media Canton’s airways has been very well received
and the WHBC family is excited to have Bogdan on board.

You can listen to Tangled Up In Blues with Cornel Bogdan every Sunday night
from 7pm 10pm in Canton on 1480 WHBC and available everywhere at whbc.com,
Audacy, Tune-In, and the iHeartradio app. Get the latest on Tangled Up In
Blues at tangledupinblues.biz.

Erika Jay Joins Q92.9 Pittsburgh For Middays

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...h-for-middays/

Steel City Media Hot AC Q92.9 WLTJ Pittsburgh has announced the addition of
Erika Jay as midday host.

She previously hosted mornings at Forever Country Froggy 94.9/104.3 WOGG
Oliver/WOGI Moon Township/Pittsburgh under the name Ali Gator from November
2014 until last month. Jay also hosted afternoons at Forevers Willie 95.1
WYLE Grove City PA from 2012-2014.

WLTJ-FM (Q92.9) is pleased to announce new midday talent Erika Jay to the Q
Crew on-air line up. Erika comes to Steel City Media from WOGI-FM where she
hosted mornings for the past six years.

“I am so excited to join Steel City Media and become part of the on-air
talent,” said Erika Jay. “I’m looking forward to jumping into the world of
pop music and be a part of everything Q92.9 FM.

Listeners can hear Erika Jay weekdays from 10am to 3pm, and follow her on
Facebook Instagram and Twitter @Q929FM.

Winchester Star: Future of WINC-AM is uncertain

https://www.winchesterstar.com/winch...37f4c208a.html

Skid Roadie To Retire From KCFX

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...ire-from-kcfx/

After 42 years in radio, most of which was spent in Kansas City, Cumulus
Media Classic Rock 101 The Fox KCFX Kansas City afternoon host Skid Roadie
will retire at the end of the month.

Roadie began his career in Albuquerque with stints at 610 KRKE and 94.1
KWXL before joining Rock KY 102 KYYS in 1982. When KYYS flipped to Modern
AC in September 1997, Roadie soon joined KCFX and remained through today.

Legendary Kansas City radio personality Skid Roadie announces his
retirement after 23 years on Cumulus Kansas City’s Classic Rock radio
station KCFX-FM/101 The Fox and a brilliant 42-year career – 41 of those
years spent on-air entertaining Kansas City radio listeners. Roadie, who
announced his retirement on-air today, will retire at the end of May.

Prior to joining KCFX-FM in 1998, Roadie was on-air at Classic Rocker
KYYS-FM/KY-102, where he debuted to Kansas City audiences in 1982. He cut
his radio teeth in Albuquerque in 1979 at KRKE-AM and then at KWXL-FM/97
Rock from 1980-1981.

Roadie was named On-Air Personality of the Year three times by Kansas City
Media Professionals, and in 2003, was honored by the Kansas Association of
Broadcasters as Large Market Personality of the Year. The Missouri
Broadcasters Association recognized Roadie in 2008 with its DJ Award, and
with a Certificate of Merit in 2004. Roadie has also been honored by
Billboard as Music Director of the Year and Rock Radio Personality of the
Year.

Roadie commented: “For nearly four decades, Kansas City has been a great
place to work, live, and raise a family. Who would’ve thought hiding here
in a middle-sized market in the middle of America in the middle of the
afternoon would be the key to my longevity and stability in the radio
industry? Rock and Roll has kept me young at heart, and matching company
401k money has made it possible for a 61-year-old to perform this final and
early ‘mic drop’. Thanks to all those people in and out of the business who
made it possible especially my high school sweetheart and wife of 38
years, Terri.

I will now take the advice of every program director I have ever worked
for: STFU and let the music play!”

Dave Hill, Program Director, KCFX-FM, said: “What an exceptional talent and
a fantastic career.* You will be missed Skid; good luck, enjoy life….as I
know you will.”

Slacker, On-Air Host, Mornings, KCFX-FM, noted: “A true example of a radio
legend. Ive been proud to know Skid for 30 years as more than a co-worker,
but a friend one I owe a lot of my own radio success to. And the only
person I know to retire from radio quitter!”