Old January 21st 05, 02:38 AM
Mike Terry

Default The Crystal Ship

Greetings from The Crystal Ship! The somewhat-
political shortwave radio pirate from the early 1980s, noted in Andrew
Yoder's "Pirate Radio" books (search on Amazon), is again active in
the New Millenium.

We are active on chosen Saturday/Sunday mornings after local sunrise
(usually between 1300-1600) on 6855 kHz, after the sign-off of WYFR;
sometimes before sunset on the same days and frequency (2000-2300). We
sometimes use 4070 kHz after local sunset (2200-0300 UT), although now
less frequently due to noise levels at that frequency. There are also
other less-predictable times and frequencies. This is our Winter
schedule.

Transmissions are made in AM mode, via a pair of realigned Knight T-
150A transmitters with outputs slightly in excess of 100 watts. (This
is the same model transmitter which we owned in the 1980s, although
much cleaner/better serviced examples). A Johnson Viking Valiant
transmitter with an output of 150-200+ watts is soon to be put into
service.

The Crystal Ship keeps an E-mail list which we use to notify
past/potential listeners of pending broadcasts and frequency. (These
are usually sent just prior to the commencement of the transmission,
for obvious security reasons.)

We would like to invite anyone and everyone interested in monitoring
our broadcasts to JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST! You will then receive Email
notices of transmissions and frequencies, and increase your chances of
"catching" our shortwave pirate station.

We won't load your box with SPAM; notices are generally limited to
once a week, or less. To join our email list, just send your request
to: , and you'll be "in the loop"!

If you are interested in hearing pirates or just the whole "pirate
radio scene," we strongly recommend the following boards:
http://www.frn.net/vines/

This is the primary message board "hangout" for pirate radio station
operators in North America, but especially shortwave pirates. There is
general discussion of shortwave pirate issues, LPFM and FM pirates,
and---- UP-TO-THE-MINUTE LOGGINGS of Shortwave Radio Pirates!!!
(Checking here frequently should up your pirate "score" considerably!)

Recorded audio of countless shortwave pirates, including ourselves, is
in streaming MP3 format from this site:
http://www.piratedxer.com/archive.htm

We will QSL reception reports from the U.S. which are sent to our
Email address, via return First Class Mail, no return postage
required. Mailed in reports for The Crystal Ship should be sent to:

The Crystal Ship, P. O. Box 1, Belfast, New York 14711-0001

Snail-mailed QSL requests from the United States should include two
first class stamps. Those outside the United States should include two
International Reply Coupons, or One US dollar.

Looking forward to hearing from you, "The Poet" and "The Radical"
[ January 12, 2005, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: The Poet ]
73s and FIGHT for FREE RADIO! (The Poet, The Crystal Ship - Shortwave,
tcsshortwave @ yahoo.com Jan 12, Monitoring Times BB via DXLD)