Old February 3rd 05, 07:05 PM

Default XM v. Sirius

This is clearly an "eye of the beholder" thing. I've sampled both services--own a Sirius receiver myself, bought an XM for my son. Both IMHO do fabulously music-wise. There's more there than any normal human could consume or want. To me, the clear difference is in the non-music offerings. If you enjoy public radio, you'll be much happier with Sirius. Two NPR channels, a PRI World channel that includes (for now) much CBC-Canada content, the BBC, C-SPAN and an interesting channel called World Radio Network that carries about two dozen international public broadcasters in English. Also, CBC Radio One will be available 24/7 beginning in the spring. If you're a baseball fan, you'll want XM; if you want football, hockey (if it ever returns), English soccer and NBA and college basketball, you'll want Sirius.

John Figliozzi
Halfmoon, NY

Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 14:45:35 -0500
From:
(Foxsrus1)
Subject: [Airwaves] XM vs Sirius

Had a chance to closely monitor both for a couple of weeks....
XM best by far....
Mel should be firing...kicking ass and changing music computer wizard
consultants or he's gonna be left with nothing by the time Stern
comes on
board. Mel's channel lineup made no sense.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 14:45:35 -0500
From: Charlie
Subject: [Airwaves] iTech Xfm DAB radio

Mark wrote:
Why don't you tell Charles Brewer, whoever he is, to post his

own reviews to
the group?
Does he (and all the others) know you are reproducing their work?
Time to filter you out as you never seem to post any message of

your own.

AMEN! PLONK! Never to be seen again.

------------------------------

End of airwaves-digest V2004 #347
*********************************

Old February 4th 05, 07:04 AM

John,
I totally agree with you....I too am a new SIRIUS subscriber....and I
like it...alot.
I find myself having it on most of the day...jump in the car and it
goes with me...
There is a huge variety on Sirius and it will be expanding too
especially with the arrival of Stern.

Johnny Gardner

Old February 19th 05, 10:04 PM

Useless voice tracks, too many promos and silly channel ID's get real
boring real fast on the Sirius music channels. Does XM pump out the
same silly nonsense between every song??