RadioBanter

-   Broadcasting (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/)
-   -   Techie Question: Streaming audio to mp3 ?? (https://www.radiobanter.com/broadcasting/63885-techie-question-streaming-audio-mp3.html)

[email protected] February 7th 05 05:11 AM

Techie Question: Streaming audio to mp3 ??

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, but I have a
somewhat technical question. I want to be able to transfer an audio
stream (like what I would get from the BBC) into an mp3 file. It seems
like it is doable with the right software, but I can't seem to figure
out what that might be.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks, Dan

joe February 8th 05 05:15 AM

The program you want is Total Recorder from HighCriteria.com.
I've been using the standard edition for about a year; I just upgraded
to the professional edition so I can do some cutting and pasting with
the sound clips.

Charlie February 8th 05 05:15 AM

wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, but I have a
somewhat technical question. I want to be able to transfer an audio
stream (like what I would get from the BBC) into an mp3 file. It seems
like it is doable with the right software, but I can't seem to figure
out what that might be.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks, Dan

I use TOTAL RECORDER from High Criteria. Check it out at
http://www.highcriteria.com.
You can even schedule start and end times.

Charlie

--
To respond by Email remove never- from address

Kimba W. Lion February 8th 05 05:15 AM

wrote:

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, but I have a
somewhat technical question. I want to be able to transfer an audio
stream (like what I would get from the BBC) into an mp3 file. It seems
like it is doable with the right software, but I can't seem to figure
out what that might be.

Most sound cards let you record what you're listening to, so you just need
any software that creates audio files. GoldWave isn't just "any" software,
but it's what I use for this and a lot mo
www.goldwave.com

If you want unattended recording, you need something like Total Recorder:
http://www.highcriteria.com/

Joerg Simon February 11th 05 05:59 AM

wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, but I have a
somewhat technical question. I want to be able to transfer an audio
stream (like what I would get from the BBC) into an mp3 file. It seems
like it is doable with the right software, but I can't seem to figure
out what that might be.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks, Dan

Under linux you can use streamripper, workes well

(debian:)
apt-get install streamripper

----
||oerg (das ist ein j!)