Old February 10th 05, 09:25 PM
Mike Terry

Default Eutelsat Selects ILS Proton for Assurance of HOT BIRD Launch Beginning 2006

Feb. 10, 2005

International Launch Services (ILS) and Eutelsat S.A. have signed a contract
for the launch of a future Eutelsat satellite mission.

The contract was negotiated and signed in the framework of Eutelsat's
strategy of contracting with different suppliers of satellites and launch
services in order to ensure timely delivery of replacement capacity in orbit
at its HOT BIRD(TM) video neighborhood.

The launch is scheduled for the first quarter of 2006. The mission will use
the powerful Proton/Breeze M launch vehicle configuration.

The Proton is built by Khrunichev State Research and Production Space Center
of Russia, which is partnered with Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) of the United
States in the ILS joint venture.

ILS President Mark Albrecht said: "Eutelsat is a long-time and valued
customer, which has repeatedly demonstrated its confidence in both ILS
vehicles, Proton and Atlas. We pride ourselves in offering the world's two
most reliable rockets. In addition, we are familiar with the candidate
satellite models, so our vehicles can accommodate whichever payload is
finally designated by Eutelsat.

"We look forward to another successful mission with Eutelsat at the
beginning of 2006," Albrecht said.

This will be the eighth Eutelsat launch on an ILS vehicle, and the company's
second on an ILS Proton. Eutelsat, one of the world's leading satellite
operators, has launched six times successfully on ILS' Lockheed Martin-built
Atlas rocket. Three of those missions were the inaugural flights of Atlas
variants -- Atlas II, Atlas III and Atlas V.

Giuliano Berretta, Eutelsat's CEO, said: "It is important for our company's
business plan to bring new HOT BIRD capacity into service in early 2006 in
order to enhance security of our satellite system and to replace HOT BIRD 1.
We are pleased with the substantial flexibility ILS offers us, and we count
on another good flight."

ILS is the global leader in launch services. With a remarkable launch rate
of 72 missions since 2000, the Atlas and Proton launch vehicles have
consistently demonstrated the reliability and flexibility that have made
them preferred choice among satellite operators worldwide. Since the
beginning of 2003, ILS has signed more new commercial contracts than all of
its competitors combined. ILS was formed in 1995, and is based in McLean,
Va., a suburb of Washington, D.C. www.ilslaunch.com

With capacity commercialized on 23 satellites that provide coverage from
North and South America to Far East Asia, Eutelsat is one of the world's
three leading satellite operators. Its satellites are used for broadcasting
more than 1,500 television and 800 radio stations to 120 million cable and
satellite homes, for TV contribution services, corporate network solutions,
positioning and communications solutions for mobile users, Internet backbone
connections and broadband access for terrestrial, maritime and in-flight
applications.

Eutelsat has developed a range of turnkey broadband products for local
communities, corporates, SoHos and consumers. Its broadband subsidiary
Skylogic markets and operates services through multimedia platforms in
France and Italy that serve sites in Europe, Africa, Asia and the Americas.
Headquartered in Paris, and with staff of 450 commercial, technical and
operational experts from 25 countries, Eutelsat generated turnover of EUR760
million for the 2003/2004 financial year. www.eutelsat.com

International Launch Services
Fran Slimmer, 571-633-7462
Mobile: 646-229-4801