Old April 4th 05, 10:29 PM
Rob D.

Default WDRQ (Detroit) goes to an iPod shufflelike format

"Doug FM: We play everything"

It just sounds bizarre hearing No Doubt right after Led Zeppelin. Here's
the story.

http://www.detnews.com/2005/screens/...D02-136718.htm

Old April 6th 05, 04:01 AM
G.T. Tyson

Rob D. wrote:
"Doug FM: We play everything"

It just sounds bizarre hearing No Doubt right after Led Zeppelin. Here's
the story.

http://www.detnews.com/2005/screens/...D02-136718.htm

Hell, I've been doing that for a couple of years now. Once you shed
your mental training about how everything has to flow together to create
a continuous stream of wallpaper sound, it can be interesting and
challenging. Two completely different songs back to back can create
some cool sonic juxtapositions.
Music is like a big banquet table piled high with all kinds of yummy
goodies, but most people restrict themselves to just a nibble here and
there. The radio industry as it exists today is going to make sure you
only get an occasional taste of what's really out there. I'm inviting
you all to shed your musical anorexia and jump in and pig out.

KL

http://home.nc.rr.com/gttyson/lastradio.html

Old April 21st 05, 07:36 PM
DUFC

Yep welcome to what the rest of the world has for radio especially in places
remote and poor and on the edge of economy and civility in other words
welcome to the latest hits brought to you live from the ships that just came
into port and if its working you can try for some of them just by looking on
the net. you call it the ipod shuffle format i call it sounds and shades of
home this isnt aimed at enliengtened types but to people who think every
station has to play one kind of music..... grow up get a grip and understand
not everyone is some dumb teenage kid who like 5 bands and wants to do air
guitar while his sister sings into her hairbrush next door to top 40......
Oh i love format changes its like shark week on Discovery only less chum is
used and lots of blood in the water afterwards (and yes it happens to my
favourites too so leave it) and playing everything on american radio is a
long time comming I will have to find something else to excercise my fingers
and wrist now that the constant dial changeing will not be required