Old April 21st 05, 07:37 PM
DUFC

Default EUREKA 147

There is such a thing as being TO unique. So different that you make a
nusece of yourself and make it hard for you to be with and around others.
For some its my uncultured posts and poor spelling that makes me to
different. In the case of a country its very dangerous and bad to
productivity and to leads to massive job loss and inconvience when trying to
trade or do business with them. After a while its better to just throw up
your hands and say forget it. NOW how in the world does this have to do
with radio broadcasting. Well there is a correlation. There is only 2
countries in the world who choose not to use the same broadcast standard for
digital radio. Ironicaly there is also only 2 nations that dont use the
metric system. We will use metric as the most widely known and used example.
This simple neglect in the metric system has cost jobs, lives, compromised
safety and done so much in so many little ways its unmeasurable. For keeping
this post short I leave that as comment to set the stage and give a
description of Eureka 147. Heres how eureka 147 works and what I am talking
about.
EUREKA 147 DAB

The Eureka 147 DAB system is based on MPEG Layer-2 as source coding scheme.
During the development one of the goals was to achieve "CD quality" audio
quality. Therefore the target bit rates for one audio program should be
between 192 and 256 kbps. for broadcasting in the DAB system. The lack of
frequency and the necessity to offer additional audio services compared to
the existing selection of services on analogue FM broadcasting has lead to a
reduction of the average bit rate. In the UK, which is currently the most
successful DAB market, most services are today transmitted with a bit rate
of 128 kbps for a stereo service. And still the broadcasters and network
operators are looking for additional options to reduce the bit rate even
further.

Isnt it interesting that only the usa and japan (technically part of the
usa) dont use eureka 147. Like metric this will make us hard to deal with.
Its like being the only openly gay guy at a southern baptist convention
meeting. I mean we dont use metric, the cost of this has been jobs and
trade. Many metric nations forbid the use of non metric measure on labels
and in production. This is so shipping weights can be reasonable and
calculated and sizes can be unifrom. SAE measure has its own uniformity that
is not concurrent to metric so trying to trade with a metric nation can be
dicey. Now the world will not stop if we dont use eureka 147 in the united
states but it will isolate us in yet another way. It goes back to my first
assertion how different do we have to be to be so unhelpful to our national
neighbours its easier NOT to deal with us?

fair use invoked for private demostration purposes and reduction of internet
duplication of improper and inaccurate information copy from
http://www.broadcastpapers.com/radio...odingSBR06.htm page for non
orginial fair use material.

Eureka! Doug Smith W9WI Dx 3 April 8th 05 02:21 AM
Ham Exam In Eureka, CA area ?? Caveat Lector Policy 3 February 20th 05 03:02 AM