Old June 4th 05, 01:28 AM
robert casey

Default WCBS-FM has died!

This was an oldies station in New York City for 33 years.
Was pretty good. Though they played too much 70's and
not enough 50's and 60's. But still good. They also
had Cousin Brucie (who used to DJ at WABC when they played
music) and other "classic" jocks.

They switched it to "Jack FM". Sounds automated.
A mix of classic rock, 80's and current pop. I like
classic rock and 80's but I hate current pop.

Looks like I'll be listening to "Kool 967" from
southwest CT. They play 60's oldies.

Old June 6th 05, 11:42 PM
Johnny Gardner

CBS-FM Has not died it was killed off by the corporate greed!

Old June 8th 05, 06:19 AM

Johnny Gardner wrote:
CBS-FM Has not died it was killed off by the corporate greed!

The former KNX-FM 93.1 has adopted the Jack FM format also. Evidently
they pay a license fee for its use. LA Times reviewer said it sounds
like a beer-joint jukebox.

Old June 8th 05, 06:19 AM
pinpassion

I listened to CBS - FM for most of it's 33 year run. Infinity
has flipped the bird at it's audience, and it's employee's.
The fact they aired the Mickey Dolenz in the morning show
at B.B. Kings in New York to celebrate the airing of thier 100th
show, only to pull the plug on them that day, was the ultimate
kick in the crotch. I for one would never trust them again regardless
of which side of the dial you are sitting. I'm finished with them.

Old June 9th 05, 09:17 PM
theshizzle

I'm sure I'm going to get flamed for it, but here goes anyway. I was
truly disappointed by wcbs changing formats without notice, effectively
killing a landmark of NY (and apparently killing another landmark in
chicago at the exact same moment). But I at LEAST have to give them
credit for letting wcbs continue on the web. If this happened 10 years
ago, that would have been it. But at least it has the web going for
it. No?

Old June 9th 05, 09:17 PM
David Eduardo

wrote in message ...

Johnny Gardner wrote:
CBS-FM Has not died it was killed off by the corporate greed!

The former KNX-FM 93.1 has adopted the Jack FM format also. Evidently
they pay a license fee for its use. LA Times reviewer said it sounds
like a beer-joint jukebox.

That station has not been KNX FM for decades. It was a 70's rock format for
about 10 years.

Old June 11th 05, 05:47 AM

David Eduardo wrote:

The former KNX-FM 93.1 has adopted the Jack FM format also. Evidently
they pay a license fee for its use. LA Times reviewer said it sounds
like a beer-joint jukebox.

That station has not been KNX FM for decades. It was a 70's rock format for
about 10 years.

Arrow 93.1, playing "classic rock".

KNX-FM was back in the late 70's early 80's, up to 1984(?) when it
experimented with a CHR format. Didn't it do a stint as oldies (KODJ)
too?

P.S. I just can't get into Jack....on the one hand you have KRTH, which
has
a very limited library....but Jack has the opposite problem--it's all
over
the map!