Old September 25th 05, 06:22 AM
Mark Roberts

Default Idiot DJ of the year

That's a hard-fought contest, consider the abundance of third-rate
wanna-be comics giggling at their own jokes in innumerable morning
zoos, but I think we now have a winner.

From the Houston Chronicle's Hurricane Rita blog (fair use excerpt

from http://blogs.chron.com/rita/archives...ng_new_in.html),
as Hurricane Rita approaches the Gulf Coast:

On 6:30 p.m. on KRBE, 104.1 FM, DJ Carson had this sage newscast:
"Nothing really new to report."

What?

He did manage to take a call from a listener, let's call him Capt.
Obvious, who informed him that, "This whole thing (Hurricane Rita)
is a bad deal."

Thank you, KRBE, for your insightful report. At least the 50 Cent
song that followed told me to "Put my back into it," which could
come in handy should packs of bottled water need to be moved.

Radio is better off without the current crop of DJs if they're
mostly like that. Bring on the voice tracks!

On the good side, listening to KTRH's webcast is radio at its best.
Too bad it takes a Category 3 hurricane for radio to do the kind of
public service it should be doing every day. Oh, I forgot, it
doesn't test well in focus groups.

--
Mark Roberts - Oakland, CA - NO HTML MAIL
Permission to archive this article in any form is hereby explicitly denied.

Antenna Ground redhat Antenna 26 June 13th 05 05:18 AM
FYI: NOAA Lightning Safety Awareness Week K4YZ Policy 0 June 8th 05 02:25 AM
Radio review of the year Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 January 2nd 05 06:48 PM
Dayton this year TK41C Boatanchors 5 June 1st 04 05:48 AM