Old October 9th 05, 09:50 PM
Dave

Default Licenses for Internet Broadcasts

"Jen Grier" wrote in message
Hello everyone!
I'm the technician for WRMC, Moravian's intranet-only (only on campus)
streaming broadcast radio station. We'd like to go Internet-wide, but the
FCC site is quite confusing. Anyone have experience with the licensing
involved in the change? The technology end is ready, but I wouldn't want
unleash us against the law, you know? We don't have any other licenses
that
I know of at this time. Thank you for your input!

- Jen Grier
WRMC Technician

license? license?! we don't need no stinking license!

the only license you need for internet broadcasting is the permission to use
the content that you are streaming. if this is music it means you need to
pay the appropriate per song royalties to the proper organization, which i
understand can be quite expensive. if its locally generated content you
should be good to go.

ARS License Numbers N2EY Policy 833 February 3rd 06 02:27 AM
Licenses for Internet Broadcasts Jen Grier General 7 October 9th 05 09:51 PM
Licenses for Internet Broadcasts Mike Ward Policy 6 October 9th 05 09:51 PM
Licenses for Internet Broadcasts Jen Grier Policy 0 October 9th 05 01:59 AM
FCC Announces Lottery for Extra Class Licenses Mel A. Nomah General 3 April 9th 05 07:43 PM