Old January 10th 06, 05:48 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting
Ryo

Default two FM stations at the same frequecy?

Hello all,

The reception of my favorite FM stations has markedly degrade
recently. I've been wondering why. Today, I realized one of
my two radio receivers was receiving a different FM station
at the same frequency while the other receiver was receiving
my favorite station. Both receptions were very bad (noisy).
Eventually, the second receiver switched back to my favorite
station and the receptions of both receivers improved.

I'm puzzled. First of all, is the bad reception of the original
station due to the second station? If so, is there something
I can do? such as complaining to some authority? I thought
the authority takes care of the allocation of radio frequencies
so that overlapping like this will never occur. Also, is there
a table showing which station has which frequency? I live
in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.

Cheers,
Ryo