Old June 3rd 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting
robert casey

Default Ode to WCBS-FM "It was a 3rd of June...

was Ode to Billy Joe...

"It was the third of June, a hot and muggy New York day
I was out listening to oldies,
and my brother was too

And a bit before dinnertime we went back to the house to eat,
And mama said out the back door to remember to turn the radio off,

Later I heard the news: some clown named Jack hiJacked the oldies radio
station CBS-FM.

Papa said to mom as he passed around the black eyed peas "Infinity never
had a lick of sense, pass the biscuits please"

"There's five more feet in the yard I got to mow, Mama said it's a shame
about WCBS-FM anyhow"

Seems like nothin comes to no good in the broadcast industry,
and Jack and Infinity has destroyed CBSFM oldies in NY citry

My brother said he recoletected that he and Tom and Billy Joel
Saw Cousin Brucie doing a promotion at the Bergen Mall

And it was nice talkin to him that night,
Oh, I'll have another piece of apple pie, you know it don't seem right,

I heard him playing his oldies show last Sunday night,
and now you tell me WCBS-FM has been hiJacked just today..

Mama said I can see what happened to your appetite, been microwaving
frozen food the last hour and you haven't touched a single bite.

That nice young DJ dropped by today, said he'd be pleased to spin oldies
at WABC next Saturday night. Oh BTW, he said he though he saw a guy that
looked a lot like a suit from Infinity, and he and Jack were throwing
oldie records in the dumpster behind the WCBS-FM station.

A year has come and gone since we heard the news about WCBS-FM. Another
oldies station WKBW bought it in Buffalo, A station in Conniticuit
changed their callsign and added junk to their playlist last spring, and
now there isn't on the radio anything ('cept WABC Saturday night and WMTR..)

And me I spend a lot of time picking mp3s off the 'net
and drop them into my ipod to listen to instead
off of the radio anymore......."