Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 17th 06, 05:24 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Sonic Cushion Speaker Wiring?

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 20:14:53 -0700, Jay in the Mojave
wrote in :

Hello All:

Who remembers the Sonic Cushion, a 47 light bulb wired in series with a
speaker, and a low ohm pot. Mounted in a small square plastic box.

This circuit used the 47 light bulbs variable element resistance vs
variable current, as a sound cushion for SSB. Works prett good.

I have one wired in and think I have it right!?!?!?!?

Any web sites on this?

Jay in the Mojave

Light bulbs have been used for years for compression in line amps and
preamps, and have even been used as regulators in some older tube-type
signal generators. But I've never seen one on a speaker except as a
dummy load. Your circuit probably combines both functions. Try looking
at compression circuits on epanorama.net.

External Speaker for your Radio/Receiver - You Can Hear It ! RHF Shortwave 0 October 27th 05 11:38 PM
cb speaker wiring bugsy CB 1 September 30th 04 01:49 PM
FS: PSC-10 Hammarlund Speaker for HQ-129X Michael Melland Swap 1 February 7th 04 02:49 AM
FS: PSC-10 Hammarlund Speaker for HQ-129X Michael Melland Boatanchors 1 February 7th 04 02:47 AM
Ext. Speaker Wiring Help ?? steelguitar Scanner 5 October 5th 03 05:00 AM