Old September 17th 06, 05:24 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Frank Gilliland Frank Gilliland is offline

Default Sonic Cushion Speaker Wiring?

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 20:14:53 -0700, Jay in the Mojave
wrote in :

Hello All:

Who remembers the Sonic Cushion, a 47 light bulb wired in series with a
speaker, and a low ohm pot. Mounted in a small square plastic box.

This circuit used the 47 light bulbs variable element resistance vs
variable current, as a sound cushion for SSB. Works prett good.

I have one wired in and think I have it right!?!?!?!?

Any web sites on this?

Jay in the Mojave

Light bulbs have been used for years for compression in line amps and
preamps, and have even been used as regulators in some older tube-type
signal generators. But I've never seen one on a speaker except as a
dummy load. Your circuit probably combines both functions. Try looking
at compression circuits on epanorama.net.