Old September 22nd 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Seeing is Believing...

Probably most of you know of this site... but I go here often to see
the guts of competing amplifiers. I really like the Snowcap... LOL
You be the judge.

http://www.amateurlinearamplifiers.c...ch&source=menu

www.telstar-electronics.com

Old September 24th 06, 01:34 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Telstar Electronics" wrote in message
oups.com...
Probably most of you know of this site... but I go here often to see
the guts of competing amplifiers. I really like the Snowcap... LOL
You be the judge.

http://www.amateurlinearamplifiers.c...ch&source=menu

www.telstar-electronics.com

Ive seen some really good amps that looked like crap but I got a feelling
this one is as bad as it looks.

Old September 24th 06, 03:06 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Jimmie D wrote:
Ive seen some really good amps that looked like crap but I got a feelling
this one is as bad as it looks.

All those capacitors, relays, and loose wires hanging all over the
place... even if the amp doesn't break into oscillation... it has a
very good chance of mechanical failures such as wires and components
breaking off the board from vibration and shock.
I don't understand why these amp builders... if they have such great
amps... why they don't contract to have their designs on a custom PCB.
I can't imagine buiding these amps on a routine basis... it must take a
tremendous amount of time to basically make prototype after
prototype... at a production rate. In reality, they must be producing
those amps for about $3/hour. That's probably why they have such shoddy
workmanship... they can't spend all day making one... even though it
would probably take that long to make it neat with their design... LOL

www.telstar-electronics.com

Old September 25th 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Bob Dobbs EC42 wrote:
I didn't see the Telstar product listed among any of those,
how can we be the judge?

It's there at that link... near the end of the page.

www.telstar-electronics.com

Old September 25th 06, 10:50 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Bob Dobbs EC42 wrote:
Only when I typed 'telstar' into the product search did I get a hit.
http://tinyurl.com/pwcsm

There are only pictures at his site under the model name... SkyWave.

www.telstar-electronics.com

Old September 25th 06, 10:59 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On a sunny day (24 Sep 2006 16:20:52 -0700) it happened "Telstar Electronics"
wrote in
.com:

Bob Dobbs EC42 wrote:
I didn't see the Telstar product listed among any of those,
how can we be the judge?

It's there at that link... near the end of the page.

YES IT IS THERE I HAVE SEEN IT TOO
Old September 25th 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Jan Panteltje wrote:
YES IT IS THERE I HAVE SEEN IT TOO

Glad we finally agree on something... LOL

http://auctions.yahoo.com/i:SkyWave%...fier:117239910

Old September 27th 06, 01:00 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Jan Panteltje wrote:
YES IT IS THERE I HAVE SEEN IT TOO

Yes, I know the owner of that business... and he's a very good guy. I
actually supplied him some reference material so he could improve his
site.
http://www.amateurlinearamplifiers.c...ay&wo rds=975

I'm going to have to start a dialog with him about his store offering
my new amplifier.
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQ...Q2delectronics