Old September 23rd 06, 02:42 PM posted to aus.radio.cb,rec.radio.cb,uk.rec.radio.cb

Default Is CB like a contest to see who can make their radio sound the most ****ty?

Why paint all CBers with the same brush over a few no brainers over the
years,
the same could be said about Ham Ops but that inst the truth as you get good
and bad in everything.

Most Cbers that are from the 70s as i am are good radio ops, we get a few
losers
but that don't make all CBers losers.

Show me a ham op that's happy and never gone over the power he is lic for,
that's the same as driving a car show me a person that has never gone over
the
speed limit even is its half a K above.

If a CBer is happy to stay a CBer it don't mean they are to thick to do a
ham exam.

Some people think that being a ham makes them a better person, they fool
themselves
in believing this. .

Allot of ham ops started out on CB radio and lernt by playing with CB radios
seeing
what they can do with them and then moved up to a ham lic as they understood
and
liked electronics, not everyone does or can.

"Tom" wrote in message

"The Magnum" wrote in message
. com...
"Ham Radio Buff" wrote in message
link.net...
That's what it seems like.

SC

Depends on where you live. If you live in a scumbag council house type
area
then you will get the numbnuts on air. Try moving to a posher area where
the
clientele are of superior breeding and move out from the trailer park..

By the way, I have heard all the undesirables have now gone to Amateur
radio
thanks to that "farcical" Foundation Licence thing that most G licensee's
go
on about so much. So may we, as a whole on CB, thank you for taking our
dregs away as CB, on a whole, is now much better...

Regards,
Graham
--
- --- - .- .-.. .-- .- -. -.- . .-.

Radio is only a Hobby. Don't let it rule your life...

73/51 - Graham, 26-Golf Charlie-19 (www.open-channel.co.uk)

The problem is that people insist on opening CBs up and turning everything
in sight. It would have been better to make everything factory set. Now
all you get is vast overdeviation as people think a loud mic = distance
using FM. It's just a general lack of knowledge. Most of the interfence
caused years ago was by total idiots. They were not happy with 4watts on
27MHz, they wanted 8 watts spread across a few MHz eaither side and only a
few watts on 27 due to bad adjustment.
Fortunately most CBers are too thick to do even a simple exam. I did my
amateur exams some years ago when it was two exam papers and a 12wpm morse
code test.
All you get on the bnds are old people. You're better off sticking to
broadband, a mobile phone and MSN Messenger. Why confine yourself to
speaking to boring and often very sinister people with only a few
interests.

Old September 23rd 06, 03:17 PM posted to aus.radio.cb,rec.radio.cb,uk.rec.radio.cb

"BuNtEr" wrote in message

Why paint all CBers with the same brush over a few no brainers over the
years,

Because it is easy to make sweeping statements being a smart arse (as
someone else said) when you aren't one of the generalised people the
statement is about...

the same could be said about Ham Ops but that inst the truth as you get

good
and bad in everything.

No, they simply blame bad Amateur practice on M3's or pirates branding them
CB'ers even though when these idiots mess about on the bands they do not
give out their callsigns so it could even be a "revered" G licence. No one
really knows but hey... blame CB as it's easy.

Most Cbers that are from the 70s as i am are good radio ops, we get a few
losers
but that don't make all CBers losers.

Of course it doesn't. Some idiots meet up with someone who is as thick as a
plank so generalise all CB operators the same. Whereas good operators blend
into the background and don't show themselves up like the idiots do so go
unnoticed by those who flamboyantly decide "all CB'ers are the same".

Show me a ham op that's happy and never gone over the power he is lic for,
that's the same as driving a car show me a person that has never gone over
the
speed limit even is its half a K above.

If someone claims they, or someone they know, is totally innocent of the
above, I will show you a liar.........

If a CBer is happy to stay a CBer it don't mean they are to thick to do a
ham exam.

CB is a general communication tool for local chit chat. It suits many people
just to have a chat with friends on the air, rather than pay phone bills and
it's a lifeline to some who can't get out and about due to ill health to
keep in touch with the outside world. Talking about things can help people,
not everyone wants a computer and internet chatrooms. You have to pay for
this, the computer in the first place, the connection, and so on. Not every
CB operator wants to DX and take things to the next level where they
repair/build etc...

The same as car drivers...... car drivers like to drive. In the same
example, unless you were a mechanic and could strip and re-build your engine
you must be thick....

Some people think that being a ham makes them a better person, they fool
themselves
in believing this. .

It's quite funny sometimes watching the old 'A' class licence Amateurs
having a pop at the 'B' licence Amateurs when the only difference between
them is the 'A' class were so geeky they learnt Morse code and boy... do
they harp on about it... big bloody deal.... an outdated form of
communication that has been dropped through lack of interest. Some 'A's go
on about it because it is the only thing they ever passed and hold it dear
to them as it's the only thing that they think gives them an edge...

Allot of ham ops started out on CB radio and lernt by playing with CB

radios
seeing
what they can do with them and then moved up to a ham lic as they

understood
and
liked electronics, not everyone does or can.

Not everyone, as you say, wants to know how the bloody thing works. As long
as it does and it works properly and they can use it correctly then they are
happy. What is wrong with that? Someone said just the other day, "if it's
not G it's just CB", completely ignoring the achievements of M0's etc... The
only difference again, being that old bloody Morse nonsense........ Never
mind though, in 20 years or so there will be hardly any 'G's left and
Amateur radio will be a much more friendlier, interesting place..........

73'
Graham
(patiently awaiting the ensuing flames)
--
-.-. -... / .-. .- -.. .. ---

Old September 23rd 06, 04:10 PM posted to aus.radio.cb,rec.radio.cb,uk.rec.radio.cb

In article ,
"Tom" wrote:

All you get on the bnds are old people. You're better off sticking to
broadband, a mobile phone and MSN Messenger. Why confine yourself to
speaking to boring and often very sinister people with only a few interests.

Especially if you have no prostate problems of your own to discuss with
them.
Old September 23rd 06, 05:42 PM posted to aus.radio.cb,rec.radio.cb,uk.rec.radio.cb

wrote in message
In article ,
"Tom" wrote:

All you get on the bnds are old people. You're better off sticking to
broadband, a mobile phone and MSN Messenger. Why confine yourself to
speaking to boring and often very sinister people with only a few

interests.

Especially if you have no prostate problems of your own to discuss with
them.

Plenty of up and coming M3's to talk to. As these are referred to by so many
'G' calls as CB'ers there will be no problem.... ignore anyone you think is
boring and enjoy a bit of DX'ing all legal like....LOL @ sinister people.
Much more likely to run into those on CB, hi hi

73'
Graham
--
-.-. -... / .-. .- -.. .. ---

Old September 23rd 06, 10:33 PM posted to aus.radio.cb,rec.radio.cb,uk.rec.radio.cb

"The Magnum" wrote in message
. com...
"BuNtEr" wrote in message

[SNIP]

Show me a ham op that's happy and never gone over the power he is lic
for,
that's the same as driving a car show me a person that has never gone
over
the
speed limit even is its half a K above.

If someone claims they, or someone they know, is totally innocent of the
above, I will show you a liar.........

Well, now, I can say 100% that I have NEVER operated above the power I am
licensed to use. I know that for an absolute fact because I have no sets
capable of doing more than 400W PEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So let's see..

HF set runs 100W max, so that's below my licensed 400W

6 metre set does 10W PEP, so that's well below my licensed 400W

2m set does 50W max, well below my licensed 120W peak allowable on FM.

70cm set does 35W max, again well below my licensed 120W for FM.

Nope, I can definately say, 100% without fibbing, that I have never ran over
my licensed power levels on the ham bands... Don't have the gear to do it,
and don't have the need to either. Usually don't even need the full 100W on
HF so why the hell would I bother with 400W +??????

Old September 23rd 06, 10:45 PM posted to aus.radio.cb,rec.radio.cb,uk.rec.radio.cb

"me_not_you" wrote in message
"The Magnum" wrote in message
. com...
"BuNtEr" wrote in message

[SNIP]

[...]

What a nice man....... I take it all back )

73'
Graham
--
-.-. -... / .-. .- -.. .. ---

Old September 23rd 06, 11:19 PM posted to aus.radio.cb,rec.radio.cb,uk.rec.radio.cb
Guv Guv is offline

The Magnum wrote:
Usually don't even need the full 100W on HF so why the hell would I bother
with
400W +??????

What a nice man....... I take it all back )

73'
Graham

All you need to know is, it's the wire not the watts

--
Andy MW0GUV

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the
morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Old September 24th 06, 07:26 AM posted to aus.radio.cb,rec.radio.cb,uk.rec.radio.cb

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 01:03:55 +0000, Ham Radio Buff whinged like
a true Pom:

That's what it seems like.

Seems more like you're trying to attract attention to yourself really.

--
/J/
Cut the crap to email me...

"So I told my girlfriend I wanted to **** her between the tits. And she said,
'Well how are you gonna make that feel good for me?' And I said, 'Right before
I cum, I'll stop punching you in the face" - Doug Stanhope

Old September 24th 06, 02:07 PM posted to aus.radio.cb,rec.radio.cb,uk.rec.radio.cb
DaN DaN is offline

CB is a general communication tool for local chit chat. It suits many people
just to have a chat with friends on the air, rather than pay phone bills

Not to mention driving in a convoy you never have to worry about losing
coverage like you often do with phones.
Old October 1st 06, 06:52 AM posted to aus.radio.cb,rec.radio.cb,uk.rec.radio.cb

Unfortunatly this happens just about everywhere on CB Radio hence why I
dont use it anymore.

Where I live, your best to leave it switched off, unless you want to
hear wanna-be police officers playing sirens and CFA pager tones.
You would probably get a more decent conversation with commercial users
on CB Radio here.

203 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US (27-NOV-04) Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 1 December 1st 04 05:09 AM
shortwv John Lauritsen Shortwave 0 November 28th 04 07:19 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1415 ­ September 24, 2004 Radionews General 0 September 24th 04 05:53 PM
193 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US (01-APR-04) Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 2 April 3rd 04 06:54 AM
183 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US (30-MAR-04) Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 6 April 2nd 04 04:09 PM