Old October 14th 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default GREAT band opening

Pretty much a pipeline from California/Nevada into Upstate New York at about
10:00Z on this date. Kudos to Charlie Alpha 300 in San Diego, and the 610
out in Phoenix... you guys sounded GREAT. Also, as usual, the "Weakest Link
101" from the West Indies was also Quality 5.

Old October 14th 06, 05:47 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

You're right...I meant to say about 21:00Z.

"Bob Dobbs EC42" wrote in message
newsan.2006.10.14.16.37.36.523000@Slack...
On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 01:28:01 +0000, A.E. 352 wrote:

Pretty much a pipeline from California/Nevada into Upstate New York at
about 10:00Z on this date. Kudos to Charlie Alpha 300 in San Diego, and
the 610 out in Phoenix... you guys sounded GREAT. Also, as usual, the
"Weakest Link 101" from the West Indies was also Quality 5.

I think you need to set your Zulu clock to 24 hour readout so you won't
mistake 22:00UTC for 10:00UTC
That opening started here around 20:30UTC yesterday afternoon into the
south eastern states.

I heard my neighbor Smitty CA300 working some DX stations during that
opening, and if I hadn't had other obligations was going to jump in. I had
already worked Florida's East Coast (Daytona) and South Alabama
(Enterprise) a couple hours earlier then things dropped off only to pick
up again just as I was leaving.

We had our first rain of the season last night and still continuing this
morning so am hoping it will wash off all the insulators and reduce some
of the local QRN

--

Echo Charlie 42
San Diego, California