Old November 9th 06, 05:27 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Anyone own one of these?

http://www.cbcintl.com/dsp.htm
Any comments about this device?

www.telstar-electronics.com

Old November 9th 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On 9 Nov 2006 09:27:22 -0800, "Telstar Electronics"
wrote:

+++http://www.cbcintl.com/dsp.htm
+++Any comments about this device?
+++
+++www.telstar-electronics.com

***************

This is the standard CB audio clipping with insuffiecient post
filtering. Overhyped specifications to sell to unknowing CBers.

There is really insufficient filtering after the audio clipper. A far
better splatter filter is needed. The problem is it would send to cost
higher and force the use of precision resistors and caps.

Overall, in my opinion, it is junk. Besides this probably will
introduce more bleed over to adjacent channels than would an over
modualted case would.

just my thoughts
Old November 10th 06, 10:53 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

james wrote:
Overall, in my opinion, it is junk. Besides this probably will
introduce more bleed over to adjacent channels than would an over
modualted case would.

OK thanks for your comments. It looks like to me this type of
arrangement would have tremendous audio distortion... not exactly what
is needed... LOL

www.telstar-electronics.com

Old November 10th 06, 12:06 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

wrote:

http://www.cbcintl.com/dsp.htm
Any comments about this device?

This type of device has been around for a long time maybe early 80s.
Some call it a speech processor some call it a splash box.

There are a good many who will be surprised by this
seasons NY Knicks. I think larry made a mistake and
how many would be surprised if the Knicks make the
playoffs and go to the second round?
Old November 10th 06, 01:04 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Hello TE:

Yeah I bought one of them a few years back. It did offer some gain and
punch in SSB and AM, but was most noticeable in SSB.

With other commercial speech processors available off E-Bay, you can
experiment around and compare.

I used to use a Diwa RF-440 Speech Processor, on a Motorola System 500
Mobile Radio with really good results. But had to modify the 440 to
supply the dc voltage to run the mic pre amp.

I also played around with a Cobra 148 GTL and a a few of the different
speech processors. What I found was the speech processor really did help
the unprocessed speech signal. But the gain of the processor had to be
turned down.

I had one radio with a outside antenna listening to the radio with a
speech processor transmitting into a dummy load. This way I could
compare the unprocessed to processed speech audio, in skip conditions
allowing me see what settings had a good punch. This also lets you know
how the thing will sound.

Its all a lot of fun to experiment around.

Jay in the Mojave

Old November 12th 06, 05:05 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Jay in the Mojave wrote:
[...]

Jay, thanks for your insight...

http://www.telstar-electronics.com/d...s/WhatsNew.htm