Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 22nd 06, 01:56 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.radio.cb,alt.usenet.kooks,rec.radio.amateur.policy,alt.military.cap

Default Personal Info On-line (was: The new phonebooks

Jim Redelfs wrote:
In article ,
Terry wrote:

I wish people would post their phone number on the front page of their
web site instead of hiding it.

I haven't hidden it ANYWHERE on my web site. It's NOT THERE at all.

They have a web page but they don't want phone calls or emails.

Is that a problem?

My _real_ name is only barely "munged" above. With only a little typing, you
can find my phone number and probably my blood type, hat size and every other
vital (and frivolous) detail about me.

If you click on the "email me" button on my website, it should bring-up your
email application with my REAL email address populated in the To: field.

If you wish to call my voice line, look-up the number and please don't call at
weird times of the night or early morning.

FYI...the ORIGINAL message to which you replied...

In article .com,
"Mercellus Bohren" wrote:

...was also CROSS-POSTED to the following newsgroups:

This constitutes malicious mischief, at least.

We are all well reminded to WATCH the headers of what we're replying to. This
is how SPAM is propogated as well as often creating floods of off-topic
messages in all the included newsgroups.

His/her article was little more than an excuse to post a web address at the
message's end. SPAM. sigh
--

JR

sum tymes i stink i tend to punce two muhc but ti turnees gav on

SWR - wtf? john d CB 136 July 2nd 05 08:31 PM
SWR - wtf? Roy Lewallen Antenna 110 July 1st 05 05:30 AM
How to measure soil constants at HF Reg Edwards Antenna 104 June 25th 05 10:46 PM
swr question Fred W4JLE Antenna 27 June 1st 05 01:45 AM
Open Letter to K1MAN [email protected] Policy 13 April 15th 05 07:43 PM