RadioBanter

-   -   OT Parallel to USB Cable (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/113033-ot-parallel-usb-cable.html)

jim January 5th 07 08:14 PM

OT Parallel to USB Cable

I looked around and couldn't find an easy way to make the above cable
from seperate usb and parallel cables. Any ideas?

Thanx, Jim.

Steveo January 5th 07 09:07 PM

OT Parallel to USB Cable

jim wrote:
I looked around and couldn't find an easy way to make the above cable
from seperate usb and parallel cables. Any ideas?

Thanx, Jim.

Not sure what you're trying to do but 24hoursupport.helpdesk is a good
group to ask about such things if you don't find your answer here. You can
ask about almost anything there. :)

jim January 5th 07 09:26 PM

OT Parallel to USB Cable

Steveo wrote:
jim wrote:

I looked around and couldn't find an easy way to make the above cable
from seperate usb and parallel cables. Any ideas?

Thanx, Jim.

Not sure what you're trying to do but 24hoursupport.helpdesk is a good
group to ask about such things if you don't find your answer here. You can
ask about almost anything there. :)

Hey Steve, got the daughter a new computer for the holidays and it
doesn't come with a parallel port for the printer. I priced the
USB/parallel cable up to $40 and said sod that. Since I have both cables
I figured I'd combine the two. Call me cheap, I'd say frugal hehehe.

Steveo January 5th 07 09:31 PM

OT Parallel to USB Cable

jim wrote:
Steveo wrote:
jim wrote:

I looked around and couldn't find an easy way to make the above cable
from seperate usb and parallel cables. Any ideas?

Thanx, Jim.

Not sure what you're trying to do but 24hoursupport.helpdesk is a good
group to ask about such things if you don't find your answer here. You
can ask about almost anything there. :)

Hey Steve, got the daughter a new computer for the holidays and it
doesn't come with a parallel port for the printer. I priced the
USB/parallel cable up to $40 and said sod that. Since I have both cables
I figured I'd combine the two. Call me cheap, I'd say frugal hehehe.

There ya go, handy with a roll of duct tape too! Hey I have a little bit of
NY in my ear on the radio. I'll call Enzo some bad names again and see if
Jersey Joe will pass the message on.

jim January 5th 07 09:42 PM

OT Parallel to USB Cable

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

I looked around and couldn't find an easy way to make the above cable

from seperate usb and parallel cables. Any ideas?

Thanx, Jim.

Not sure what you're trying to do but 24hoursupport.helpdesk is a good
group to ask about such things if you don't find your answer here. You
can ask about almost anything there. :)

Hey Steve, got the daughter a new computer for the holidays and it
doesn't come with a parallel port for the printer. I priced the
USB/parallel cable up to $40 and said sod that. Since I have both cables
I figured I'd combine the two. Call me cheap, I'd say frugal hehehe.

There ya go, handy with a roll of duct tape too! Hey I have a little bit of
NY in my ear on the radio. I'll call Enzo some bad names again and see if
Jersey Joe will pass the message on.

Wish I could yak but at the mo' the ant is down. Could put it in the
mobile I guess.

Steveo January 5th 07 09:57 PM

OT Parallel to USB Cable

jim wrote:
Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

[...]

Weird conditions, the band would prolly close just as you fired it up.

jim January 5th 07 10:03 PM

OT Parallel to USB Cable

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

[...]

It would take a while as I never had the radio in this truck. I'd have
to run fused wires through the firewall then find a path through the cab
for the feedline. f that as its raining now.

Steveo January 5th 07 10:15 PM

OT Parallel to USB Cable

jim wrote:
Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

[...]

Same here, we've had about two inches of it this afternoon, flood watch is
out. Feels like May, sixty degrees today.

Vinnie S. January 6th 07 01:10 AM

OT Parallel to USB Cable

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 15:14:10 -0500, jim wrote:

I looked around and couldn't find an easy way to make the above cable
from seperate usb and parallel cables. Any ideas?

Thanx, Jim.

I have a boatload of these. You need one? Or 2?

Vinnie S.

jim January 6th 07 01:38 AM

OT Parallel to USB Cable

Vinnie S. wrote:
On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 15:14:10 -0500, jim wrote:

I looked around and couldn't find an easy way to make the above cable

from seperate usb and parallel cables. Any ideas?

Thanx, Jim.

I have a boatload of these. You need one? Or 2?

Vinnie S.

Yeah bud. email me direct if you will. Much appreciated.

LeIand C. Scot January 7th 07 03:54 AM

OT Parallel to USB Cable

"jim" wrote in message
I looked around and couldn't find an easy way to make the above cable from
seperate usb and parallel cables.

And I don't think you're going to any time soon. USB is, as the name
suggests is a serial protocol, using embed micro controllers, in either
stand alone adapter boxes or built in to the cable headers using SMD parts
to implement the control logic. The 40 to 50 bucks the cheap single port
adapters cost is going to be less that what your time is likely worth when
you consider the time and cost it's going to take you to duplicate such a
mass produced product.

http://www.create.ucsb.edu/~dano/CUI/
http://www.beyondlogic.org/usb/usbhard.htm

--
Regards,
Leland C. Scott

Vinnie S. January 7th 07 04:19 AM

OT Parallel to USB Cable

On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 22:54:11 -0500, "LeIand C. Scot" wrote:

"jim" wrote in message
I looked around and couldn't find an easy way to make the above cable from
seperate usb and parallel cables.

And I don't think you're going to any time soon. USB is, as the name
suggests is a serial protocol, using embed micro controllers, in either
stand alone adapter boxes or built in to the cable headers using SMD parts
to implement the control logic. The 40 to 50 bucks the cheap single port
adapters cost is going to be less that what your time is likely worth when
you consider the time and cost it's going to take you to duplicate such a
mass produced product.

I am sending him one for nothing.

Vinnie S.

LeIand C. Scot January 7th 07 04:24 AM

OT Parallel to USB Cable

"Vinnie S." wrote in message
I am sending him one for nothing.

Well, I guess that's another way too, but he wanted to make it. 8-))

--
Regards,
Leland C. Scott

Landshark January 7th 07 07:03 PM

OT Parallel to USB Cable

"jim" wrote in message ...
I looked around and couldn't find an easy way to make the above cable from seperate
usb and parallel cables. Any ideas?

Thanx, Jim.

Quit being cheap. Give up a couple of pints
of beer and you could afford one ;) j/k

Landshark

Vinnie S. January 8th 07 01:28 AM

OT Parallel to USB Cable

On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 23:24:44 -0500, "LeIand C. Scot" wrote:

"Vinnie S." wrote in message
.. .
I am sending him one for nothing.

Well, I guess that's another way too, but he wanted to make it. 8-))

Way too small !

Vinnie S.

jim January 9th 07 12:19 AM

OT Parallel to USB Cable

Vinnie S. wrote:
On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 23:24:44 -0500, "LeIand C. Scot" wrote:

"Vinnie S." wrote in message
. ..

I am sending him one for nothing.

Well, I guess that's another way too, but he wanted to make it. 8-))

Way too small !

Vinnie S.

Cheers Vinnie, really appreciate it. Saw your FAO post to me when I was
at work but for whatever reason it didn't appear using this home ng reader.

Vinnie S. January 9th 07 01:36 AM

OT Parallel to USB Cable

"Vinnie S." wrote in message

I am sending him one for nothing.

Well, I guess that's another way too, but he wanted to make it. 8-))

Way too small !

Vinnie S.

Cheers Vinnie, really appreciate it. Saw your FAO post to me when I was
at work but for whatever reason it didn't appear using this home ng reader.

It shipped first class today. You might have it tomorrow.

Vinnie S.

jim January 10th 07 01:31 AM

OT Parallel to USB Cable

Vinnie S. wrote:

On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 23:24:44 -0500, "LeIand C. Scot" wrote:

"Vinnie S." wrote in message
m...

I am sending him one for nothing.

Well, I guess that's another way too, but he wanted to make it. 8-))

Way too small !

Vinnie S.

Cheers Vinnie, really appreciate it. Saw your FAO post to me when I was
at work but for whatever reason it didn't appear using this home ng reader.

It shipped first class today. You might have it tomorrow.

Vinnie S.

Thanx Bud. I really do appreciate it.

Landshark January 10th 07 03:32 AM

OT Parallel to USB Cable

"jim" wrote in message
Landshark wrote:

"jim" wrote in message

I looked around and couldn't find an easy way to make the above cable from
seperate usb and parallel cables. Any ideas?

Thanx, Jim.

Quit being cheap. Give up a couple of pints
of beer and you could afford one ;) j/k

Landshark

**** off sharkie ;)

LOL!!!! Consider it done :P Next Case, Stand down............

Landshark