Old January 5th 07, 08:14 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
jim jim is offline

Default OT Parallel to USB Cable

I looked around and couldn't find an easy way to make the above cable
from seperate usb and parallel cables. Any ideas?

Thanx, Jim.
Old January 5th 07, 09:07 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

jim wrote:
I looked around and couldn't find an easy way to make the above cable
from seperate usb and parallel cables. Any ideas?

Thanx, Jim.

Not sure what you're trying to do but 24hoursupport.helpdesk is a good
group to ask about such things if you don't find your answer here. You can
ask about almost anything there.
Old January 5th 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
jim jim is offline

Steveo wrote:
jim wrote:

I looked around and couldn't find an easy way to make the above cable
from seperate usb and parallel cables. Any ideas?

Thanx, Jim.

Not sure what you're trying to do but 24hoursupport.helpdesk is a good
group to ask about such things if you don't find your answer here. You can
ask about almost anything there.

Hey Steve, got the daughter a new computer for the holidays and it
doesn't come with a parallel port for the printer. I priced the
USB/parallel cable up to $40 and said sod that. Since I have both cables
I figured I'd combine the two. Call me cheap, I'd say frugal hehehe.
Old January 5th 07, 09:31 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

jim wrote:
Steveo wrote:
jim wrote:

I looked around and couldn't find an easy way to make the above cable
from seperate usb and parallel cables. Any ideas?

Thanx, Jim.

Not sure what you're trying to do but 24hoursupport.helpdesk is a good
group to ask about such things if you don't find your answer here. You
can ask about almost anything there.

Hey Steve, got the daughter a new computer for the holidays and it
doesn't come with a parallel port for the printer. I priced the
USB/parallel cable up to $40 and said sod that. Since I have both cables
I figured I'd combine the two. Call me cheap, I'd say frugal hehehe.

There ya go, handy with a roll of duct tape too! Hey I have a little bit of
NY in my ear on the radio. I'll call Enzo some bad names again and see if
Jersey Joe will pass the message on.
Old January 5th 07, 09:42 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
jim jim is offline

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

I looked around and couldn't find an easy way to make the above cable

from seperate usb and parallel cables. Any ideas?

Thanx, Jim.

Not sure what you're trying to do but 24hoursupport.helpdesk is a good
group to ask about such things if you don't find your answer here. You
can ask about almost anything there.

Hey Steve, got the daughter a new computer for the holidays and it
doesn't come with a parallel port for the printer. I priced the
USB/parallel cable up to $40 and said sod that. Since I have both cables
I figured I'd combine the two. Call me cheap, I'd say frugal hehehe.

There ya go, handy with a roll of duct tape too! Hey I have a little bit of
NY in my ear on the radio. I'll call Enzo some bad names again and see if
Jersey Joe will pass the message on.

Wish I could yak but at the mo' the ant is down. Could put it in the
mobile I guess.

Old January 5th 07, 09:57 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

jim wrote:
Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

[...]

Weird conditions, the band would prolly close just as you fired it up.
Old January 5th 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
jim jim is offline

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

[...]

It would take a while as I never had the radio in this truck. I'd have
to run fused wires through the firewall then find a path through the cab
for the feedline. f that as its raining now.
Old January 5th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

jim wrote:
Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

[...]

Same here, we've had about two inches of it this afternoon, flood watch is
out. Feels like May, sixty degrees today.
Old January 6th 07, 01:10 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 15:14:10 -0500, jim wrote:

I looked around and couldn't find an easy way to make the above cable
from seperate usb and parallel cables. Any ideas?

Thanx, Jim.

I have a boatload of these. You need one? Or 2?

Vinnie S.
Old January 6th 07, 01:38 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
jim jim is offline

Vinnie S. wrote:
On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 15:14:10 -0500, jim wrote:

I looked around and couldn't find an easy way to make the above cable

from seperate usb and parallel cables. Any ideas?

Thanx, Jim.

I have a boatload of these. You need one? Or 2?

Vinnie S.

Yeah bud. email me direct if you will. Much appreciated.