Old January 25th 07, 10:36 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default It F'in Official!!!!!

CW tests for amateur radio cease to be a requirement on February 23, 2007.

The R&O was printed yesterday:
http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2...007/E7-729.htm
The 30 day countdown continues.

I will be one of the first no-code extras. Catch you on the air somewhere...
Old January 26th 07, 02:13 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

I will be one of the first no-code extras. Catch you on the air somewhere...

I am a general. Congrats. See you on 10 meters. Pass the General, and see you on
75 meters. This is a great thing.

Vinnie S.
Old January 27th 07, 05:25 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Vinnie S. wrote:
I will be one of the first no-code extras. Catch you on the air somewhere...

I am a general. Congrats. See you on 10 meters. Pass the General, and see you on
75 meters. This is a great thing.

Vinnie S.

I passed General again on 01-07. I'm now working on Extra. The next test session is before 02-23.

I have a 2950 ready to go. I'll need a radio and antenna capable of 75 meters to go there.
Old January 27th 07, 05:37 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

I have a 2950 ready to go. I'll need a radio and antenna capable of 75 meters to go there.

Scott,

I have 2 antenna. Imax 2000 tunes from 10-17M easily. For 20-80, I have the
Huslter 5BTV. For 150. you cannot beat it. It is built like a tank. I have it
groundmounted in a wet swamp, and laid 3 ground radial wires each for 20-40-80.
I did not bury them, and just laid them on the ground. If you choose to do this,
let me know. I can save you alot of time tweaking it. I learned the hard way.

Vinnie S.
Old January 28th 07, 01:45 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Vinnie S." wrote in message

I have a 2950 ready to go. I'll need a radio and antenna capable of 75
meters to go there.

Scott,

I have 2 antenna. Imax 2000 tunes from 10-17M easily. For 20-80, I have
the
Huslter 5BTV. For 150. you cannot beat it. It is built like a tank. I have
it
groundmounted in a wet swamp, and laid 3 ground radial wires each for
20-40-80.
I did not bury them, and just laid them on the ground. If you choose to do
this,
let me know. I can save you alot of time tweaking it. I learned the hard
way.

Vinnie S.

Why did you do that? According to Telstar Electronics, you only need 9
square feet of ground plane.

http://www.usenet.com

Old January 28th 07, 03:39 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Why did you do that? According to Telstar Electronics, you only need 9
square feet of ground plane.

I probably didn;t need them because of the water in the swamp. But I followed
the directions and specs. It took me about 1 1/2 days to tune it. The first day
I was scratchign my head with 3 and 4 SWR. I finally figured out that my autek
analyzer was broke. A standard SWR meter saidn I was pretty well tuned. The
biggest problen is adjusting, going back to the radio, and reading the meter. I
FRS radio and another person would have greatly reduced the tuning time. It
sould only take 1 hour or less.

Vinnie S.
Old January 26th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 17:36:08 -0500, Scott in Baltimore
wrote:

+++CW tests for amateur radio cease to be a requirement on February 23, 2007.
+++
+++The R&O was printed yesterday:
+++http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2...007/E7-729.htm
+++The 30 day countdown continues.
+++
+++I will be one of the first no-code extras. Catch you on the air somewhere...

**********

To quote Red Foxx:

"Elizabeth this the big one!!!!!!!!!!"

I wonder how ****ed off some of the old farts at the ARRL are???

james
Old January 27th 07, 01:06 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

wrote:

+++CW tests for amateur radio cease to be a requirement on February 23,
2007. +++
+++The R&O was printed yesterday:
+++
http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2...edocket.access.
gpo.gov/2007/E7-729.htm +++The 30 day countdown continues.
+++
+++I will be one of the first no-code extras. Catch you on the air
somewhere...

**********

To quote Red Foxx:

"Elizabeth this the big one!!!!!!!!!!"

I wonder how ****ed off some of the old farts at the ARRL are???

james

I wonder how many regular reader's give a rat's ass, in rrcb?

--
http://NewsReader.Com/ 30GB/Month
Old January 27th 07, 01:25 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
jim jim is offline

wrote:

+++CW tests for amateur radio cease to be a requirement on February 23,
2007. +++
+++The R&O was printed yesterday:
+++
http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2...edocket.access.
gpo.gov/2007/E7-729.htm +++The 30 day countdown continues.
+++
+++I will be one of the first no-code extras. Catch you on the air
somewhere...

**********

To quote Red Foxx:

"Elizabeth this the big one!!!!!!!!!!"

I wonder how ****ed off some of the old farts at the ARRL are???

james

I wonder how many regular reader's give a rat's ass, in rrcb?

Not this ol' boy hehehe
Old January 27th 07, 01:39 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

jim wrote:
Steveo wrote:
I wonder how many regular reader's give a rat's ass, in rrcb?

Not this ol' boy hehehe

Turns beams.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/ 30GB/Month