Old February 3rd 07, 04:15 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Anyone using this?

http://intusoft.com/products/ICAP4Consumer.htm

Old February 4th 07, 08:14 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

I just looked real quick at the link you provided.

The caveats with any of the cheap circuit simulators are the following:

1. Limited vendor supplied library of parts to use.
2. No way to add additional parts to the library.
3. Limited circuit size, number of nodes or components used in the
simulation.
4. Limited or missing models like non-linear magnetics.
5. Limited or missing analysis types, for example no FFT, parameter or
temperature sweeps.

Not all of the above may be a problem with the package you're looking at or
would be of interest to you.

Personally I am looking at Open Source Software. The cost is zero and the
packages are improving. One of the most complete I've found is called
"gEDA".

http://www.geda.seul.org/

If you don't mind learning Linux this maybe a better way to go.

--
Regards,
Leland C. Scott

"Telstar Electronics" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://intusoft.com/products/ICAP4Consumer.htm

Old February 5th 07, 02:42 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Feb 4, 2:14 pm, "LeIand C. Scot" wrote:
[...]

Hey thanks to both you guys for your input...

www.telstar-electronics.com

Old February 5th 07, 12:19 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On 3 Feb 2007 08:15:21 -0800, "Telstar Electronics"
wrote:

+++http://intusoft.com/products/ICAP4Consumer.htm

*************

Typical of low tier simulators. Good for digital and low frequency
circuits. Limited by the implementation of Spice. Version of Spice
are limited in RF simulation accuracy. It looks as if this version
uses a version of Spice that is useful upto maybe 30MHz. I doubt any
higher.

Most of the features are just GUI frontend for their implementation of
Spice in the low tier product. The one thing that I don't like about
the low tier is that it does not do any transfer function, distortion
and Monte Carlo simulations. Looks to be a crippled version of Spice.

It is not bad though. If you have Linux installed then try gEDA. et
ngSpice also to run with it. You don't need gEDA to run ngSpice but
they do integrate into a single package. ngSpice will run on a windows
box with CYGWIN. gEDA wont. Though you maybe able to cuild a widows
version of it or build a version that will run in CYGWIN.

james